Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 - Can't connect to the internet

Options
  • 29-08-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

My Ps4 has been connected to my router ever since I got it a few years bac, now all of a sudden it has stopped connecting. It either can't obtain the IP address, can't connect to the wifi in time or it says the WPA password may not be correct (which it is). I've been onto Eir and Playstation yet neither have solved the issue and ended up telling me to contact the other. The Eir customer support told me to make sure my connection is bridged and told me Playstation have to do that, which makes no sense.

I've ttied absolutely everything including changing around the dns settings etc. but still no luck. Can anyone end my misery as tgis is properly wrecking my head. It's a F1000 router btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You've restarted both? Is connection wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you tried a wired solution?

Does everything else connect to the router okay?

Can you use your phone as a hotspot to connect the PS4 to? Just short-term to test.

A full reboot of the router may help, or a factory reset if that doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CoM1993

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You've restarted both? Is connection wifi?

Restarted both and yes, wifi connection

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You tried giving it a static ip address?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CoM1993

Have you tried a wired solution?

Does everything else connect to the router okay?

Can you use your phone as a hotspot to connect the PS4 to? Just short-term to test.

A full reboot of the router may help, or a factory reset if that doesn't work

Everything is connected and internet working fine. Wired solution would be difficult to set up in my house. I've fully rebooted the router already and no luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CoM1993 wrote: »
    Everything is connected and internet working fine. Wired solution would be difficult to set up in my house. I've fully rebooted the router already and no luck

You can use homeplugs to turn it into a wired solution.

Have you made any setting changes on the router at all? If so reset to default and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Has some else access to your account.only reason I ask is if they do and logged in on a different ip address your ps4 will give you an error message.happened to me before I logged on to my account a different ps4 when I tired to log onto my own ps4 I couldnt get onto the internet.I just kept resetting my ps4 n router until it connected again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

CoM1993 wrote: »

The PS4's wifi receiver is notoriously bad. A quick google will bring up hundreds of results on poor connections and slow speeds.

When I got the PS4 initially I had no issues with connection speeds. I was pulling 40mb/sec on a 100mb line, and that was more than sufficient for gaming. I remember downloading the Taken King update for Destiny and I was told I'd be waiting 9 hours; a quick connection test on the PS4 gave me a 3mb or 4mb download speed. For no reason evident to me, the connection slowed and never recovered. Nothing I did would help. Seems to be a common problem and Sony didn't care to hear about it.

Running a wire from the router wouldn't have been suitable in my house; I would have to hide the wire under the carpet. I picked up a Netgear WiFi Range Extender which has an ethernet port and I run a wired connection through it. Works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Dunno if it true but sony has a cap of 50mb on connection speeds.friend of mine has 300mb connection she only ever gets about this on ps4.on xbox she gets her full connection.

Advertisement