Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Rain finally arrived, not much in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I presume this high that was due to come in next week has abandoned us,earlier on in the week going by the forecasts I thought it would b relatively dry after Thursday but today turned into a right wet day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm only seeing this post now, did you say bar 2010 just because of me? :P Or do you legit think it's not as bad as people make it out to be?

No sryan, i don't do flattery with meteorology, it's too serious a business!! I think it was a little above average in my area, summer 2010. Given what came before and after it wasn't hard to stand out. Nothing spectacular but could get the farming fodder saved in relative comfort.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looks fairly certain it will remain dry tomorrow in Kerry and should be quite good also on Mon, will be glad to get a wall that that I am building finished ( been on hold for a couple of weeks ) as it looks like a good shot of rain around next Weds and may not get suitable weather next weekend.

n9gSGSq.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/observations

Some difference in SW Scotland at the moment (8pm readings) a mild 14c in Oban and a few miles up the road in Tulloch Bridge its a chilly 4c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Got the grass cut this morning before the rain, and it was the first time this year I needed a hoodie, so hopefully not to many cuts lie ahead of me....Winter is coming:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

I was much too positive about our Tralee weather earlier. It's turned into a rotten evening.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Around 5mm or thereabouts today here with a maximum temperature of only 12.3c on the AWS. This is the coldest day since April 30th when a max of just 11.4c was achieved at the end of what was then a very chilly week with seven days failing to record a high in the 'teens'. Interestingly, a shot of warm air introduced the last month of spring with May 1st recording 18.3c and temperatures never really looked back much after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Heavy rain here drifting in off the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

September has continued where August left off...truly dreadful. I think there's hardly been a 24 hour period without rain of some description. And it's cold now to boot. Probably the worst September I can remember in a while anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cool, dull and wet for me today.

No complaints :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful morning. Clear blue skies and light winds. Very cool night, lots of dew.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got down to 4.5C here near Tralee, still just 10.4C

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/909358157100650496

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Low of 2.0c in Ballyhaise, Co. Cavan this morning.

Other notables: Finner Camp (Donegal) 3.1c / Claremorris (Mayo) 3.6c.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first acceptable day here this month. Sunny spells, fresh and feeling pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely sunny day here today, pity the temperatures are struggling (13.1c ATM).

Min of 5.6c last night here in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice and bright in Castlebar, 15.3C and easily the best day of the month so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nationally speaking, yesterday was the coolest day since May 19th.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful day today, slightly low MAX of 15.9c however wall to wall sunshine all day and very light winds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely day today best for a long time got grass cut although it was very soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

At last I can actually say the two golden words about yesterday and today:

NO COMPLAINTS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Chance of high pressure building over scandinavia toward the end of the month...the usual rubbish as soon as the summer is over....same as last year:mad:

Great day today in Kerry . Sunny all day after the fog lifted in Tralee, got up to to 17.9C at my site.

nDF6x2N.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today and yesterday, probably the 2 best days in a row that I can remember since July.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Gonzo wrote: »
    today and yesterday, probably the 2 best days in a row that I can remember since July.

They were! Driest at least, though had a few sets of good days end and mid August here in south east. We've had 2 months though of very broken, unsettled weather. Time it settled now :cool:

Some windy and possibly quite wet weather has been showing up on numerous runs for Fri / Sat ( windiest Early Sat morning on the Atlantic Seaboard )

Looks like a short wave going through on Fri followed by frontal rain on Sat which may move slowly.

GX4sQJ3.gif?1

tempresult_fsv8.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Today is beautiful. Cycle in was a treat. It's the blustery windy conditions in Ireland wreck my head, not the fact it doesn't get warm. The Liffey is like glass right now.

a peach of a day, haven't seen a day like this here in a long, long time. My first day in a t-shirt since my holidays ended. If only we had days like this guaranteed for 8 months of the year, it doesn't have to be 25C+. We see far too much wind, rain, cloud and dampness for it to be interesting or enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some dark clouds starting to build over Dublin at the minute, though they're largely moving out to sea. Wind is picking up from almost dead calm about an hour ago too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

MJohnston wrote: »
    Some dark clouds starting to build over Dublin at the minute, though they're largely moving out to sea. Wind is picking up from almost dead calm about an hour ago too.

Actually, correction, they're moving north/NNE

Advertisement