Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Beautiful warm sunshine up till recently. Clouded over now with a temp of 17.7. Max today was a very pleasant 20.5. Unfortunately I haven't been well today so didn't get to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭acequion

You guys over East are lucky. It's back to he usual muck and shyte here in Tralee since early morning.

Am in total agreement with the posters who say its the constant dullness,dampness and blusteriness which is head wrecking. This summer / autumn has been woeful in Kerry. The most we've got has been 2,max 3 nice days together and then straight back to default. I've been lucky enough to escape a lot of it, but the other side of that is that the more time you spend in a nice climate,the harder it is to endure the weather here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just don't expect it to get better for the winter.

Not awful at all today here in West Clare, barring the half hour of drizzle. Quite mild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

See like I loved Summer 2016 but there was one aspect I did not like of it at all.... how it was so dull, well my local total was 98% of my average Summer sunshine.

I feel like every year gets worse since 2010 in terms of sunshine totals but statistics show totals have dropped only somewhat over time and each year has been marginally close to the other since then.

Today was lovely but now it's dull and cloudy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Going downhill here in Castlebar in the past hour. low cloud/fog /mist has rolled in with poor vis. a dark evening to. mild and humid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I cycle in and out of work and cycling without howling wind deafening me and making the commute much harder was just bizarre today. If only we got this regularly, if the wind would just die down. So used to horrible conditions!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Early Sat morning into Sat looking very windy and blustery especially on Atlantic Coastal counties.

Mean speeds

tempresult_auu4.gif

Gusts

tempresult_kwj4.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rainfall accumulations for Weds

aromehd-25-33-0_vbl4.png

nmm_uk1-25-33-4_aey9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I think today is the first time since moving back to Ireland in May that I've witnessed three consecutive dry days, clouded over in the afternoon today but overall another nice pleasant day. Sadly it looks like we're going to make up for the prolonged drought with copious amounts of rain for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Munster, Leinster, Cavan and Monaghan
    Heavy rain today, continuing in the east for a time tonight, with totals of 25 to 35 mm

Issued:Wednesday 20 September 2017 07:00
    Valid:Wednesday 20 September 2017 07:01 to Thursday 21 September 2017 03:00.

*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*

Weather advisory issued. Looks like a lovely wet day in store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

I think today is the first time since moving back to Ireland in May that I've witnessed three consecutive dry days, clouded over in the afternoon today but overall another nice pleasant day. Sadly it looks like we're going to make up for the prolonged drought with copious amounts of rain for the rest of the week :rolleyes:
    Were you in solitary at Donegal peniteniary :D

The cheek of us having 3 days with no rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Light rain and some sea fog has descended upon Arklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It's pouring here in West Cork, the dogs are playing dead so I don't drag them out for walkies.

Very little rain here in Castlebar today. i can see some blue sky out to the west but its making very slow progress inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Bishopsback

Wet from the start here today, light at times but mostly moderate to heavy rain, easing off a bit now with the cloud lifting a bit in Longford.

Some lovely clouds as the sun sets here in Castlebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There has been very little rain for my location so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

LEIN wrote: »
    There has been very little rain for my location so far.
    Very little here too but have a look at raintoday and see whats approaching the south coast. Its looking like a very wet night for east Leinster.
    Possibly a repeat of August 14th when a wave depression dumped 40mm in my backyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Missed most of the rain yday
    Lovely autumnal morning and a nice day
    No complaints

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another nice day today. Yesterday was terrible but apart from that, this week has been generally very good and far milder than the previous week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A nice bright day in Castlebar, we somehow managed to escape the rain yesterday as well.

Wet day at the ploughing yesterday.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/910815927800860673

https://twitter.com/Herdwatch/status/910518232829890562

https://twitter.com/GerardBrady100/status/910521699585708032

Accumulations predicted by the GFS for tomorrow, looks heavy in the W, rain should go through fairly quickly.

27-777UK_dgq5.GIF

tempresult_ydj5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Autumnal Equinox :(

Barrelling down for a few hours earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lots of leaves on the ground this morning for the first time this year, cold in the wind and rain earlier but cleared up nicely now in Dublin with some good sunny spells

Yeah,same here in Castlebar.plentys of leaves on the ground. Brightened up nicely after wet morning.

Noticed that myself this morning , heavy fall of leaves last night. They seem to have gotten quite burnt by the wind in the last couple of weeks especially the cycamore trees.

Great day in Tralee today, rain cleared early , bright and sunny and feeling warm now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Missed most of the rain again
    Nice breezy day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful day now here after a horrible morning. Warm, sunny, even the wind is warm.

This is also the Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival weekend and looks like it's gonna stay dry, warm and breezy for most of it thankfully. This time last year was also the Harvest festival and it was a brutal, wet weekend which dampened the spirits and a very poor turnout due to the relentless rain we had.
    This year should prove much better with far nicer conditions.

Advertisement