Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Clare, Kerry and Limerick
    South to southeast winds will reach mean wind speeds between 50 and 65 km/h particularly along exposed coastal areas. Mean wind speeds will be accompanied by gusts that will reach Gale force 8.

Issued:Friday 22 September 2017 16:00
    Valid:Saturday 23 September 2017 03:00 to Saturday 23 September 2017 18:00

Mean wind speeds

tempresult_hur9.gif

Gusts

tempresult_vhs8.gif

NOTE: Have opened a thread for this Level 1 warning http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789887

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The Jet stream getting stronger later next week firing low pressure systems directly at us or just to the north...according to bbc weather

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hooter23 wrote: »
    The Jet stream getting stronger later next week firing low pressure systems directly at us or just to the north...according to bbc weather

Yay!

Not far gone from the warmest time of year for the oceans.

Warm and sunny on Monday according to ME, temps up to 20c.

Wednesday looking stormy according to ME, any opinions on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Good news that we might get some nice weather on Monday. Today is horrible in Tralee. Blustery and quite wild this morning, bucketing down now.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Wednesday looking stormy according to ME, any opinions on here?

Looks very wet Tues night into Weds, windy yes, squally ? The area of LP seems to introduce an upper trough / vortex with cold mid and upper airs so that could encourage convection and convective gusts in the showers I guess.

tempresult_xca3.gif

108-7UK_nwc7.GIF

gqmyOBG.png

tempresult_vnc1.gif

qZbX0aO.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Reckon we might get our first Irish named storm of the season from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

STUNNING afternoon in east Galway
    Warm enough for no jumper outside
    Good for the soul ahead of the low pressure train imminent !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Torrential downpour that literally came out of the blue! Roads have turned into rivers. Not a breath of wind either.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Torrential downpour that literally came out of the blue! Roads have turned into rivers. Not a breath of wind either.
    Oh sugar I can see that and we are 15 minutes from home
    Better find cover

Beautiful beautiful day here, a few degrees warmer would be nice but beautiful regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Sunny and 19.1c currently near Arklow
    Complaints thin on the ground

Beautiful day in Kerry. Got up to 18.8C here near Tralee

Pic:Killarney lakes this afternoon.

RJlia8t.jpg?1

Good temperatures reached across the country today

x0f47sm.png?1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Beautiful day doesn't get much better than this in Ireland. Sea is glassy in dublin bay and got the garden done finally!

Another dry day tomorrow and a good deal of Tues dry for most apart from the W, SW . Rain fronts Tues night into Weds ( slow moving ) and Thurs evening into Fri. Looks very wet in the W and SW and along parts of the S. ( could be rainfall warnings )

tempresult_dnp5.gif

FpO919k.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Beautiful day doesn't get much better than this in Ireland. Sea is glassy in dublin bay and got the garden done finally!

Probably the best day since July!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I missed out on the fine conditions today. It was cloudy for me just like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Beautiful day in north meath, sun came out around 2 o'clock and it was warm and sunny for the rest of the day, sky is clear at the minute

8.7C and calm here near Tralee

I see on the Met Eireann site reports of mist and fog at some stations, Met Eireann saying going to get dense fog in places by dawn .Will make the morning commute tricky for some tomorrow, worth getting up a bit earlier I would think to avoid the delays.

• Advertisement

Shallow fog being reported already at DUB and SNN, setting in earlier than forecast.

A nice fog is always beautiful to see.

Look out the window, it's not foggy, 5 minutes later, you can hardly see your hand, another 5 and it's back to not foggy.

Amazing weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fog spilling in here from the fields

Reading the recently issued TAF, it appears mist and fog will be setting in tomorrow evening after sunset.

STATUS ORANGE

Fog Warning for Ireland
    Widespread fog this morning, dense in places.

Issued:Sunday 24 September 2017 20:00
    Valid:Monday 25 September 2017 05:00 to Monday 25 September 2017 12:00

No fog here in West Clare this morning, some across the river Shannon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Plenty here in Kildare, visibility very low

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Plenty here in Kildare, visibility very low

Clear blue skies in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pad199207 wrote: »
    Clear blue skies in Naas

Was very foggy around Maynooth and Leixlip, cleared away now to leave a beautiful cloudless morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No fog, no cloud, and no rain, just the sun

savage morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was an amazing day, easily the best day I've seen in Ireland since July. This second half of September has certainly changed things around after the brutal cold between the 10th and 16th of September.

Today solid blue skies already and feeling warm.

Advertisement