Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

first frost of the winter here in kilkenny this morning,car was frozen solid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Weather forecast for NW Till Dec 31

Rain or drizzle or showers.

Temp 12 to 16c

Theres been no 24hr period without rain in at least 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Up to 20c in eastern areas if theres good sunshine maybe?
    This chart would give most of us nightmares in winter but its not winter and I would be happy to get two months of this set up!
    No heating bills up to Dec would suit me fine! :)

ECM1-144.GIF?07-0

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

This chart would give most of us nightmares in winter but its not winter and I would be happy to get two months of this set up!
    No heating bills up to Dec would suit me fine! :)

ECM1-144.GIF?07-0

Oh baby

No chance of that

Drizzle in NW and 17c in east

Wonder will Sligo get a 24 hr period dry again before 2018

It should but when.

No day in october yet but maybe end of october we might get a frost n dry day followed by 30mm and gale force Southwesterlies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah, I do not see how 20c would be recorded in that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

No heating bills up to Dec would suit me fine!

A long way off but temperature prediction charts are showing close to that all right

126-778UK_nwl8.GIF

126-7UK_idc0.GIF

A mild SW'ly airflow up from the tropics aided by the remnants of Nate.

tempresult_bre2.gif

A long way off but temperature prediction charts are showing close to that all right

126-778UK_nwl8.GIF

126-7UK_idc0.GIF

A mild SW'ly airflow up from the tropics aided by the remnants of Nate.

ECM4-120_ine5.GIF[

OTT imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful afternoon here in West Clare, good warmth off the October sun, very light breeze too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Early indications of some very mild weather over the weekend , Met Eireann already mentioning temperatures in the high teens.

Met Eireann

OUTLOOK: Drier than usual with frost free nights. Weak weather fronts will however make for mostly cloudy skies with outbreaks of rain or drizzle at times too, most of which will affect west and northwest coastal counties. A trend for milder weather later, with maxima at that stage signalled to reach the high teens locally.

Rg3h5zE.png

ZiJVNDV.png?1

zytkaRQ.png

Fohn effect will help temperatures I would think.

h6oR4jA.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Grreaaattttttt -_- I was hoping for the weather to get worse, as it might keep the fireworks squads - who are out every f*cking night - indoors. I was enjoying the crisp cool mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'll take 18c in October!

Although I would like a nice frost too, probably too early for that though so we may as well have the nice warm weather.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Grreaaattttttt -_- I was hoping for the weather to get worse, as it might keep the fireworks squads - who are out every f*cking night - indoors. I was enjoying the crisp cool mornings.

You want bad weather ???????

km79 wrote: »
    You want bad weather ???????

Yeah, wouldn't mind a gale-force storm with lots of rain tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I was hoping we were at the end of the warm weather. The last week was lovely with the cool mornings.

I have my fingers crossed this will change back to cool weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

You must have enjoyed our summer at that rate!!

Maidhci wrote: »
    You must have enjoyed our summer at that rate!!

Here in Dublin it was actually quite dry and not windy for much of the summer.

Warm in Sligo today and 17c

Theres already been rain though and 0.6mm yesterday so still no dry day in October yet.

Next weekend could possibly see a dry day.

Also not much rain either in falls so quite boring weather too.

Every night also seems to be 9 to 11c in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

we've had a very benign year so far. Time to crank up the pace with some real weather, long long overdue.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yeah the lack of posts recently sums it up really, yet another damp drizzly non-descript affair today.

I see the latest GFS is showing over 300 consecutive hours of rain along the west coast this coming week, starting Thursday evening it doesn't stop right out to the end of the run on the 25th :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah the lack of posts recently sums it up really, yet another damp drizzly non-descript affair today.

I see the latest GFS is showing over 300 consecutive hours of rain along the west coast this coming week, starting Thursday evening it doesn't stop right out to the end of the run on the 25th :cool:

Jesus Christ
    Had hoped to get the lawn finished today too
    Looks like I'm finished till next year so

Wind picking up from the SW here in Kerry tonight. Quite breezy and some strong winds at times along Atlantic coastal counties during the week beginning with tomorrow in the second half of the day and later moving to the eastern side of the country. The next strong winds develop during Thursday with the GFS showing stronger winds then the European models at this stage, would have to favour the European models.

n1QvHE8.png

Tues 12.00
    FlkRHUq.png

tempresult_mfs4.gif

n1QvHE8.png

Thurs 12.00
    plCDwIG.png?1

arpegeuk-11-79-0_pmm8.png

tempresult_kfe2.gif

Will see how accurate these predictions turn out, showing a fair bit of 19C and 20C on Sat , consistent now on the last few runs.

The ARGEGE is showing 20C for Dublin around 18.00 on Fri.

26xulrT.png

xKd272p.png

5UzYRhn.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Gorgeous Septemberish day in Arklow
    Bit a heat in that sun :)

Hasn’t rained a whole lot here in the last week or two,there was some overnight

Feeling bitter here today at Grange with the odd sunny spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Charts finally showing some interesting weather again after a dead few weeks/months..

Thunderstorm potential over the weekend? Warm humid air in place and a low tracking up from the south

ECM1-96_nqd9.GIF

Then hurricane Ophelia tracking up over us, possibly retaining some tropical characteristics and with an unusual track it could be interesting

UW144-21_dhb3.GIF

Of course we'll probably just end up with more dull featureless westerlies but at least there's something to look at again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Gorgeous Septemberish day in Arklow
    Bit a heat in that sun :)

Hasn’t rained a whole lot here in the last week or two,there was some overnight

Used up the last of the Lumpwood Charcoal on the BBQ in Costa Del Bray today. Big Fat juicy homemade Half Pounders we all had for dinner. Very mild here in Bray this evening as we dined al fresco. It ain't called the Sunny South East fer nothin' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Just 3 or so min away from the 11th October. I remember on 11th October 2007, 10 yrs ago, i went to the beach in Curracloe, Wexford, it was 21C and sunny, perfectly calm. It was one of the nicest days i ever had at the sea and it being so late in the year was impressive :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

What i miss about late autumn weather 30 years or so ago was the frosty week in November when temperatures were well below freezing at night and if fog lingered you could get a day around 0-2C.

1988 was one such November. -7C recorded in Kilkenny. during a memorably freezing week. I remember hurling training in school in sub zero temps and at certain times when the ash would clash this shock would go up your cold arms. It was a raw sort of sensation that you only get in sub zero weather.

Advertisement