Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Calibos wrote: »
    Used up the last of the Lumpwood Charcoal on the BBQ in Costa Del Bray today. Big Fat juicy homemade Half Pounders we all had for dinner. Very mild here in Bray this evening as we dined al fresco. It ain't called the Sunny South East fer nothin' !

Was in Bray today and it felt bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus lads, getting bummed out by this weather pattern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

pad199207 wrote: »

So which was it? bbq or bitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Almost an inch of rain overnight
    Didn't see that being forecast anywhere
    What a lovely suprise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, getting bummed out by this weather pattern

Who says I was getting bummed out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Who says I was getting bummed out?

I think he is saying he is getting bummed out by the weather. Relax a bit sryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

pad199207 wrote: »

Bitter? It was 15.5C at 3pm when I was there.

Unreal flooding around
    Had an inch of rain in less than 6 hours !
    Yellow warning ???????

Also the met eireann radar is not fit for purpose
    For 4 consecutive hours we had 5/6mm of rain
    There was not even a speck of yellow on the radar to reflect this
    Looking at the radar it looked like light with occasional moderate rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

so is it a case of get out the deck chairs and suntan lotion for the weekend?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think he is saying he is getting bummed out by the weather. Relax a bit sryan.

1. I thought he was giving out to some of us such as myself on complaining about the weather.

2. I was perfectly relaxed when I said that so what relevance does that comment have to my post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

philstar wrote: »
    so is it a case of get out the deck chairs and suntan lotion for the weekend?

Neither, at least in Dublin it looks like there will still be a fair amount of cloud cover, and the deck chairs will probably blow away in the rather strong wind. Saturday will also be somewhat shower-y. It's just going to feel a bit warm, is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Torrential rain in Galway

Nice little top up in athenry now too
    Can't wait for winter
    Horrid since June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Spot flooding on the roads yesterday. Serious amount of rain came down last night.
    More rain today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Reading through here some posters felt it cold yesterday and others found it a mild day.

I think it's because 15/16C is a kind of cut off point. Cold for some, pleasant for others. A bit like indoors some find it ok and others would need a bit of heat on. I live in Portlaoise mostly now and it was 16C calm enough and pleasant. Drove back home and with the altitude it was 13C and we're on a hill top so there was wind and wind chill effect too. Like two different climates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

nagdefy wrote: »
    Reading through here some posters felt it cold yesterday and others found it a mild day.

I think it's because 15/16C is a kind of cut off point. Cold for some, pleasant for others. A bit like indoors some find it ok and others would need a bit of heat on. I live in Portlaoise mostly now and it was 16C calm enough and pleasant. Drove back home and with the altitude it was 13C and we're on a hill top so there was wind and wind chill effect too. Like two different climates.

I think it had a lot to do with the wind chill effect, and whether you had direct sunlight or not. I was out in a park and there was a big variation on those things depending on where in the park I went, some places it felt lovely and warm because there was wind shelter and sun shining down, others it was breezy, shaded, and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet and gusty for the last 24 hours or so in Castlebar, torrential downpours followed by bright spells, followed by longer spells of rain and repeat, 17mm of rain so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

So which was it? bbq or bitter?

Around 17c in Arklow yesterday afternoon so definitely not bitter
    16c and windy now but sunny after a wet start,not exactly bitter!

km79 wrote: »
    Nice little top up in athenry now too
    Can't wait for winter
    Horrid since June

7 inches of rain 175mm in the last 18hrs in Honister Cumbria
    It could be worse!

24hr total now at Honister 205mm or 8 inches :eek: with severe flooding from the same weather front that affected us overnight and this morning stalling and it’s still raining up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Is that a serious tropical blast or what? A stunner! :)
    I feel some long term Oct records are under threat especially in the east but probably a bit late in the month to threaten the 3-10-1908 25.2c record.
    It depends on good sunshine which is likely in the Dublin area.

20171010.2314.PPVO89.png

Yep. The GFS is picking up on it here though more focused on the UK than Ireland.

Vingh5M.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A repeat of hurricane Debbie anyone? :eek:

ECM1-120_sme4.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That's in the reliable time frame!

Next week will be exciting, I hope nothing too severe comes off but the weather enthusiast in my is jumping for joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I was just reading about Debbie on Wikipedia in Light of the growing concerns of a potentially significant wind storm affecting Ireland.I wasnt aware it was as powerful as it was.

There is a growing agreement among the models this far out of this wind event impacting us.Id imagine Met Eireann are monitoring this closely,they have already alluded to very strong winds possible Monday/Tuesday

I was just reading about Debbie on Wikipedia in Light of the growing concerns of a potentially significant wind storm affecting Ireland.I wasnt aware it was as powerful as it was.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104735295&postcount=137

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Good grief, that could be damaging.
    As for tonight. Not a cloud in the sky and very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Remarkably mild tonight, 17.0c here at the moment, maximum temperature recorded all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Even mount Dillon in Roscommon 17 degrees at 11pm on October 12th! rare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

16.6C here near Tralee, was 17.2C at 22.00 !

temp_uk_fau9.png

Advertisement