Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It’s a very select few in the east that seem to get this better weather. The rest of us experience a totally different climate.

In fairness, theres more than just a select few people living in the east of country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

MJohnston wrote: »
    In fairness, theres more than just a select few people living in the east of country!

True but a select few seem to get all the good weather.... they have no complaints 😊

True but a select few seem to get all the good weather.... they have no complaints 😊

Well, its a pretty well defined pattern that the east coast gets a better climate than much of the rest of the island, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Friday in Limerick was a funny sort of day. It was up to 18c around 11am 12 noon. Persistent light rain/Drizzle around 4-5pm and back to 14c.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Misty light drizzle hasn't stopped here for longer than an hour all day. Rainfall lately has been alot more frequent than usual, however amounts haven't been as exceptional. Around average so far for the month as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Raining most of the day here in north meath today, just a horrible day

And its still raining, seems to be a continuous band of rain and drizzle stretching from clare to meath since yesterday morning, so sick and tired of it now

Still lashing down

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No precipitation for the past 2 hours but everything is still soaking. Only the surface water has left things and everything like footpaths and roads are still very wet.

Not a day to hang out the clothes me thinks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rained here for almost 24 hours. Light rain or drizzle all yesterday during daylight hours then much heavier rain from nightfall, all through the night and now very light drizzle. Skies still very dark and everywhere soaking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looks like plenty of unsettled weather for the week to come .

mcLDJtD.gif?1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyone know the record for the highest amount of active users in the weather forum??

cause we currently have...957 which is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

You didn't get 96% humidity at a temperature of 21.3, as that would mean your dewpoint was around 21 degrees, which is unheard of in Ireland, even in high summer. The highest dewpoint in Dublin today was 16 degrees.

I only point this out because there is a huge difference between 98% at 16 degrees and at 21 degrees.

Yes you are correct, that is what you call a huge overestimation from myself :o. I know very stupid it is.

Ah the calm in here compared to the other threads, was pretty breezy earlier but now its dead calm and (surprise surprise) raining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Mild today. Very still.
    Checked some of the other threads. Jaysus. After hours has recamped over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Excuse my ignorance but does a storm like this build up slowly or start violently very quickly?...

OldRio wrote: »
    Mild today. Very still.
    Checked some of the other threads. Jaysus. After hours has recamped over here.

Yep, I can't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Pretty much yes, if you go outside tonight its actually nearly flat calm. but from first light things will pick up quickly. Infact on the 10pm met reports Finner camp in Donegal is just 1 knot.

The Ophelia General Discussion thread is....oooof.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

I know we are in almost uncharted territory but the saying 'The lull before the storm'' is uncannily accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

MJohnston wrote: »
    The Ophelia General Discussion thread is....oooof.
    thankfully a few regulars hiding in here.... its crazy that thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Do employers in the private sector have a duty of care to their employees to close down business for tomorrow? As far as I know it's business as usual for us tomorrow in a factory of 70 employees.

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Do employers in the private sector have a duty of care to their employees to close down business for tomorrow? As far as I know it's business as usual for us tomorrow in a factory of 70 employees.

That's already being debated over here

Blazing sun here :P.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Blazing sun here :P.

Same here, but the power is gone, fupping typical, gonna be a long day now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

20c here in London with a moderate breeze. Ah perfect summers day- oh wait...:)

Escaped the worst of it here thankfully, dry and cloudy with the wind all day, power is back to, so all is good

Escaped the worst of it here thankfully, dry and cloudy with the wind all day, power is back to, so all is good

I've had no problems at all today here luckily, so far.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    October - Very wet, stormy and mild.

I may not have done as bad as I thought for my October 2017 forecast.... though it's been far from "very wet".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There was a strange reddish colour to the sky this evening and the sun earlier had a reddish appearance.

Apparently Ophelia is the cause...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

• Advertisement

Thank god the weather forum has calmed down.

Advertisement