Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

What a day today !
    Some contrast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful afternoon out there and nice calmness restored to this forum to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grand day :) Warm in the afternoon sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I think this autumn/winter we will get alot of wild weather the atlantic is alot more active already compared to last year and winter hasn't even started yet....

A chilly 4 degrees at several Met stations on the 10pm reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 3.4c in South Laois. Met Eireann had a minimum of 1c forecast tonight on an earlier forecast, seem to have revised it up to 2c recently. Perhaps a 0c or -1c locally. Plenty of time during the longer dark nights for it to fall away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand Clear sky but a bit nippy in meath tonight, big change in 24 hours

Met reports 11pm. Mount Dillon and Gurteen a cold 3 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Weather station back in action (was taken in to avoid the wrath of Ophelia), currently 7.0c here in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Evelyn Cusack trying to keep a straight face on The 3 Tonight show when Danny Healy Rae was giving his interpretation of climate change

• Advertisement

Met reports 11pm. Mount Dillon and Gurteen a cold 3 degrees.

Mount Dillon now 2c at midnight.

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Munster, Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow and Meath
    Heavy rain is expected with accumulations between 30 and 50 mm possible.

Issued:Wednesday 18 October 2017 10:00
    Valid:Thursday 19 October 2017 00:00 to Thursday 19 October 2017 23:59

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Ireland
    An Atlantic Depression is expected to track eastwards over parts of Ireland on Saturday. South to southeasterly winds on Friday night will veer northwesterly on Saturday and are expected to reach yellow warning criteria, at this stage. There is potential for mean wind speeds of 50 to 60km/h and gusts of 90 to 110km/h, especially in coastal counties.

Issued:Wednesday 18 October 2017 16:00
    Valid:Friday 20 October 2017 18:00 to Saturday 21 October 2017 23:59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

It’s been raining in the Arklow area all morning
    Remind me what the forecast was again?

Met Éireann for Leinster ‘ Today will be mainly dry with bright spells but a few scattered showers will occur..’

MT ‘Cloudy with a few brighter intervals, as a few showers fade away from parts of the west and south central counties this morning’

Neither terribly accurate ..

Has to be said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It’s been raining in the Arklow all morning
    Remind me what the forecast was again?
    Met Éireann for Leinster ‘ Today will be mainly dry with bright spells but a few scattered showers will occur..’

MT ‘Cloudy with a few brighter intervals, as a few showers fade away from parts of the west and south central counties this morning’

Neither terribly accurate ..

Has to be said :)

No complaints :p.

Been a lifeless day here with just cloud. Nothing else.

Just had a shower here in West Clare, wasn't expecting that either!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can't remember what the sun looks like
    Dreary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Anyone know when the last dry day was nationwide? Even here in the supposedly drier east, I can't recall a single day in the past couple of months that I could leave my washing out for the day with any confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The sun is out in meath today, my eyes are hurting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Anyone know when the last dry day was nationwide? Even here in the supposedly drier east, I can't recall a single day in the past couple of months that I could leave my washing out for the day with any confidence

very true, there has only been a handful of days since July that have escaped fully dry. The Atlantic has been raging since mid summer, a full 3 months at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    very true, there has only been a handful of days since July that have escaped fully dry. The Atlantic has been raging since mid summer, a full 3 months at this stage.

Maybe it will have a little snooze over winter ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its feels alot colder in the rain than the temperature suggests over the last few days...in Galway anyway:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Gonzo wrote: »

About 6 weeks this area
    I actually managed to get clothes dry Friday as the deluge didn’t reach here until 430
    Result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Today was fairly sunny and dry here. It's a bit breezy but nothing in comparison to recently. It's currently 11.6C. The high was 13.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grand day of weather here, one of the few decent days of this otherwise dull and overall quiet October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Thought you lot might appreciate these pics I took, this is what "Fall" looks like in Vermont, I was over there the other day. Was in the low 20s and no wind, they have defined seasons there, imagine! Back in Boston now it's 18c and raining.

YnRhzwc.jpg

0Ww9B6n.jpg

8NTFKMB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I was disappointed that the one-two punch of Ophelia and Brian took us straight past the autumn leaf stage here - it's my favourite part of autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Yip brought out the camera last weekend and the second storm really stripped the leaves. Nothing but beech leaves left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I was delighted to see the leaves stripped off my Maple trees and blown far and wide. I dread this time of year with all the raking involved, having said that there are still quite a few leaves left on my trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Down to 7.7c now in Sligo

How close will we get to that elusive frost

Reading 7c in Belmullet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Woke up to a clear blue summery sky but dull and foggy now.

New Moon

Advertisement