Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

After a beautiful warm day in Arklow,it’s a lovely clear moonlit night and a chilly 5c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was a glorious sunny south east day - 15.3°C, then the sun disappeared and the temp dropped like a stone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice showery cold blast on Saturday / Sunday to begin with after the prolonged calm mild weather. Dying to try out a new winter jacket :D

Quite windy Sat into Sun with some big blustery showers as a trough passes over the country and will be watching out for hail and some thunder perhaps. Wonder will we get a few pics of white peaks. Very cold overnight Sat . Should be a drier yet cold day on Sunday with good light.

ECU0-72_oii3.GIF

arpegeuk-21-78-0_fqb5.png

pRCmLG5.gif?1

WvgG5es.png?1

ZY2R9eE.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

What does it look like for winter, december? Another mild, dry one or a mild, wet one?

• Advertisement

What does it look like for winter, december? Another mild, dry one or a mild, wet one?

All Winter discussion here, I've posted a lot of updates: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771366&page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Very still all day here, so much so that you would almost hear a pin drop from across the road. Very eerie.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Looks like we'll see our first real polar maritime airmass of the season tonight into tomorrow, only a brief and fairly weak one but the met are still forecasting some hail and thunder. Thankfully I'm in Donegal for the weekend so in prime position for some nice squally downpours, living abroad for the past 4 winters I've missed these setups :)

Looks like we'll see our first real polar maritime airmass of the season tonight into tomorrow, only a brief and fairly weak one but the met are still forecasting some hail and thunder. Thankfully I'm in Donegal for the weekend so in prime position for some nice squally downpours, living abroad for the past 4 winters I've missed these setups :)

It's better than none :). Looking forward to it and feeling the cold Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Massive temperature fluctuations today, got down to a low of 6.2c during a shower at 2pm. Currently 7.9c, and generally going up and down between 6-10c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Two pots of gold just now as I head down to get in the cows :)

Beautiful day here with lots of blue skies and now a lovely cold evening. I could get used to this. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

6.7C here near Tralee

Precip 4mm

Recent thunder heard

RH 79%

Wind 10 min avg 19 km/h

Bar 1011.6 hPa Rising Rapidly

Sounds like a chilly early evening temperature for the 4th of November in Tralee Meteorite.

You'd notice the nip in the air today. My first day with something warmer than a t shirt:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Not a nice day here blustery cold and showery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

nagdefy wrote: »
    Sounds like a chilly early evening temperature for the 4th of November in Tralee Meteorite.

You'd notice the nip in the air today. My first day with something warmer than a t shirt:)

(I posted in wrong thread :) ) Sure is nagdefy, icy air out there tonight and lots of showers with traces of hail and some thunder to boot. Temperatures up and down in the showers, got down to 5.9C a short time ago.

Tues looks very cold as well and lots of cold nights next week for most away from coasts.

Bitter cold here on the Kerry coast. Frequent heavy hail showers in a stiff NW'ly breeze. Temp dropped to a new low this evening of 5.8C a while ago and back up now to 7.7C. Good chance of frost in sheltered spots away from the coasts.

temp_uk_xkv7.png

Beautiful sunny morning with blue skies here. Perfect November Sunday to get out and about. Yesterday was a dreadful day wet and cold showers. Looks like a mixed week coming up.

Was a beautiful morning, and then low and behold a lovely heavy shower which gave a nice and pleasant 1.4mm drowning everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

First wintry showers of the season yesterday in Donegal, a couple of nice heavy hail showers but nothing too interesting in the end. Nice day today with a rare glimpse of blue skies.

Looks like yet more mild and unsettled weather in the week ahead so still no sign of any frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2nd day in a row of Clear, Cool and Sunny weather in meath, but we did have a little shower of rain overnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apart from later Monday and earlier Tuesday it could be a decent week - HP in charge.

Lovely day if you don't mind the cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice and bright in Castlebar with a nip in the air, yesterday it felt we had all the seasons in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Apart from later Monday and earlier Tuesday it could be a decent week - HP in charge.

Lovely day if you don't mind the cool.

Been decent since storm Ophelia to be fair

I disagree, October was awfully boring and a load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »

I'm in agreement with km79. There have been plenty of opportunities to go for pleasant walks with mild weather and often light winds. Not much rain either so the rural roads where I live are fairly dry. They usually have standing water on the level sections and little streams flowing down the hills at this time of year. Have been able to get a lot of outdoor work done too and even got to cut the grass last week.

highdef wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with km79. There have been plenty of opportunities to go for pleasant walks with mild weather and often light winds. Not much rain either so the rural roads where I live are fairly dry. They usually have standing water on the level sections and little streams flowing down the hills at this time of year. Have been able to get a lot of outdoor work done too and even got to cut the grass last week.

Well I mean that's fair enough because there has been just that I'm a fan of sunshine and October was the dullest since 2011.

sryanbruen wrote: »

Your a hard man to please. It was relatively dry and relatively mild.

Yes but it was also dull, as I just stated, the dullest since October 2011. Much preferred October 2016 over this October just gone.

• Advertisement

Are we seeing a change in your outlook Clonmel? :)

Advertisement