Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hard frost in north meath this morning, sun is up and the sky is blue

And now in the space of 15mins, i cant see the sun with fog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Meanwhile in West Clare, the lovely Atlantic has kept it cloudy with a temperature of 7.8c and an overnight low of 5.9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Love frosty mornings, cold and clear skies not to mention I love scraping the frost off the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Seems appropriate for my area today. 'Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain'.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Lucreto wrote: »
    Love frosty mornings, cold and clear skies not to mention I love scraping the frost off the car.

Nothing like scraping ice or grabbing chunks of ice with your bare hands. It would wake you up in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite cloudy and damp feeling in Tralee with some mist and drizzle at times. From the reports most places turned cloudy as the day went on, missed the rain here.

Can see Tropical storm Rina on the far left of the Sat Pic. Set to traverse the country Fri night just as a wet breezy night ( quite windy on coasts for a time ) and probably feeling relatively mild at first leading to cooler conditions on Sat.

qvXTd9K.jpg?1

Vl5Gyjn.gif?1

tempresult_hnp1.gif

60-778UK_jni4.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of - 2.5c with a grass minimum of - 5.5c. Stunning morning with lots of white frost under the clear blue sky and shallow fog by the river. Clouded over quickly around noon with patchy rain and drizzle since. Milder Now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first proper frost of the season here last night, lots of frost this morning with stunning winter sunshine, however this was quickly replaced by heavy rain for much of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice afternoon out and about, hazy sunshine,light westerly, good drying (before the rain)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet and blustery in Castlebar since nightfall, touching 70 km/hr at times.

• Advertisement

Status yellow rainfall warning issued from met eireann. Wet friday night ahead

30 to 40mm of rain is expected in Offaly, Limerick and Tipperary.

And 40 to 50mm of rain is on the cards for Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovely day out there, grass cutting again! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Checking through the model predictions for precipitation and the GFS would correspond more with Met Eireanns forecast ( ARPEGE and the other European models from what I can see are showing a lot less ). I must say that the GFS is gone up in my estimation lately especially close to events. Will see how it handles this one.

g4AmljW.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Checking through the model predictions for precipitation and the GFS would correspond more with Met Eireanns forecast ( ARPEGE and the other European models from what I can see are showing a lot less ). I must say that the GFS is gone up in my estimation lately especially close to events. Will see how it handles this one.

g4AmljW.png?1

I hope it is wrong !

Drizzle almost like light rain now here near Tralee, looks like it will only get heavier as the day goes on and no clearance in southern counties until late Sat at least.

FyNCNd9.jpg?1

Rain slow to clear southern counties tomorrow

FKVVfxa.gif?1

tempresult_kpj7.gif

Big temperature difference between where there is cloud and rain in the warmer airmass and the rest of the country under a Northerly airflow.

33-778UK_ntz8.GIF

9pm reports. raining fairly heavy in the west.

Newport Co.Mayo 5.2mm
    Belmullet 3.3mm
    Claremorris 2.6mm.
    fairly light and patchy elsewhere

Frontal wave is becoming slow moving over Ireland in a fresh westerly airflow,
    gusting 41 Knots at Mace Head at 10pm. wet day for most tomorrow now.

WEB_Analysis.png?2234

Lashing rain in north meath

Cloudy drizzly but i can see a clear sky north of us is heading this way and feeling fairly cold this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Continuous wet rain in Arklow
    No sign of a clearance here

• Advertisement

Sun is out in north meath, its freezing though

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not anywhere near as wet as predicted in East Galway thankfully

Sun is out in north meath, its freezing though

Stopped here for an hour but lashing again
    You can see how it’s pivoted on the radar
    By the looks of things it’s going to take a good few hours to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Dry rain here...

4FM weather just now

‘Mainly dry today with just a few scattered showers’

Who supplied them with that or did they make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

km79 wrote: »
    Not anywhere near as wet as predicted in East Galway thankfully

16mm recorded here since yesterday, no rain at the moment. I'd wager it's going to be alot less wet than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Close to 34mm of rain in Castlebar since lunchtime yesterday, still overcast with drizzly rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feeling very chilly here this morning at 8c after a very wet night. Temps look like remaining in the single digits for most of us over the next few days.

Raining here all day
    Still raining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Two words sum up today's weather: Pure shyte.

New Moon

Advertisement