Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Alot heavier and wetter than I expected, 36.6mm of rain since midnight and more to come here in West Clare!

Yr.no sadly was more on the ball than either of the Mets for me too
    Always ominous when their update changes drastically only a few hours out

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Inch of rain in6 hours
    Heavy flooding on roads

No warning for Connacht ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has stopped (for now) in Dublin 16. 18.8mm since midnight. 13.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Rain has stopped (for now) in Dublin 16. 18.8mm since midnight. 13.8c atm.

What weather station you using Doc?
    Still hammering down in Leixlip .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What weather station you using Doc?
    Still hammering down in Leixlip .

Davis Vantage Pro 2....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Driving light rain in Arklow in a strong wind with hedge bending gusts
    Currently 13.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Almost 40mm in Naas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Heavy rain since about 4am in Leitrim. Still raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Traffic absolutely ridiculous this morning, loads of flooding in North Kildare and still pouring down

Mountains now seem to be soaking up the rain for me, in Dublin 16. Dry now with patches of blue sky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

pad199207 wrote: »
    Almost 40mm in Naas!

Ye can keep it!
    No rain recording or wind here since Ophelia blew the station down so I’m just using the temperature from the Davis atm
    There’s been nowhere near that amount here though thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

42.8 mm so far - gone light now though

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Midnight to 6 am Casement had 24 mm, Dublin Airport 17. A lot has fallen since then. Celbridge area was pretty bad a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The M.E. obs in the Dublin area at 0900 are very unusual and are worth posting I think.
    Casement: SW 22, gust 37kts. 14c.
    Dublin A: N10, 9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The M.E. obs in the Dublin area at 0900 are very unusual and are worth posting I think.
    Casement: SW 22, gust 37kts. 14c.
    Dublin A: N10, 9c.

It's unusual but correct - my station dropped 5c in around thirty five minutes and the winds have done a full 180 going from south to north... this is the start of the cold air digging in.

temp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

42.8 mm so far - gone light now though
    Is that in north Tipp or south Galway???

Just as a side note, anyone visiting my site please note that the rainfall is horribly wrong at present - I am awaiting a new telephone wire as one of the cores in the old wire snapped and water is getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Danno wrote: »
    Is that in north Tipp or south Galway???

North Tipp. Oranmore is 'only' 16.6

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

pad199207 wrote: »
    Almost 40mm in Naas!

Has it stopped there since? I'm in Dunboyne and it is still raining. I've no way to measure the amount that's fallen here but it's as bad as anything I've ever seen.

Was quite windy here in Dublin 16 up to a few minutes ago....went completely calm all of a sudden.

Slightly bizzare in that I can here the effect of the wind, in the distance, on the trees in the locality, slowing moving away.

Still on the warm side here. 13.9c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Sky looks pretty angry here ....... any threat of thunder around our parts this morning Doc?

• Advertisement

kittyn wrote: »
    Sky looks pretty angry here ....... any threat of thunder around our parts this morning Doc?

I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just 18mm of rain overnight in Castlebar, but feeling noticeably colder already at just 3.8C.

Colder air starting to encroach now in Dublin 16. 12.4c now. 1.5c drop in 15 minutes. After a dry interlude, light rain has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1030am Knock airport 4 degrees. Dew point 3 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

I can't see anywhere reaching 15 tomorrow. 12 or 13 at best, and these areas will be in the south and east, where the coldest air will not reach. Further north and west max temperatures will be several degrees less than that to start with so not such a huge difference by tomorrow night. A ten-degree drop in temperature from midday to midnight I would not call wild.

Temp reading in car at rest this morning at 8.0am in Delgany was 15 degrees and held that number all the way to Cherrywood. Stayed at 14 until outskirts of Dun Laoghaire. So locally, likely to be a 15C + swing. Maybe a bit wild....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

alot of rain fell here overnight. it was 14C here around 8.40am, now it's just 9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Just 6c in Sligo after 12mm of rain.

Gone now though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain has thankfully stopped here in the last hour, feeling cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

1030am Knock airport 4 degrees.

Same at 11am in both Knock and Finner at 1am, compared to 13c in Johnstown castle, difference of 9c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain has stopped for now. 44mm

Advertisement