Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pre Clearance

Options
  • 29-08-2017 7:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I am going to be flying to the states in a few weeks and want to avail of pre clearance here in Dublin instead of over in the states. Is this limited to specific flights/airlines or can you avail of it as long as your next stop after Dublin is the US?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What airline are you using, and is it going direct from Dublin to US?

As far as I know, all airlines have pre clearance in Dublin apart from Ethiopian that flies from Addis Ababa via Dublin to Los Angeles.

Don't forget your ESTA!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Havent booked the flight yet - was waiting to see if I should go with a specific airline. Yes it will be Dublin - the US and then a second flight in the US. So Dublin-New York-Dallas for example. I was over in March so have my ESTA still from then!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Axwell wrote: »
    Havent booked the flight yet - was waiting to see if I should go with a specific airline. Yes it will be Dublin - the US and then a second flight in the US. So Dublin-New York-Dallas for example. I was over in March so have my ESTA still from then!

You will have pre clearance in Dublin so.

Enjoy the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

You also need to update your address on the ESTA

toadfly wrote: »

For over there? Cool didnt know that but ill actually be staying in the same place. Just the first time I went it was via London so I couldnt do pre clearance.

• Advertisement

Sorry 1 more question - am I right in saying if you do pre clearance in Dublin you dont have to check in your bag again at the second airport and go through customs and security again, that your bag will be put on the second plane for you automatically? Just looking at flights and the layover time and wondering if I will have enough time at the airport if i had to get my bag and recheck in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sorry 1 more question - am I right in saying if you do pre clearance in Dublin you dont have to check in your bag again at the second airport and go through customs and security again, that your bag will be put on the second plane for you automatically? Just looking at flights and the layover time and wondering if I will have enough time at the airport if i had to get my bag and recheck in etc.

Yes once it's the same booking you won't see your bag until your final destination. The baggage tag they put on your bag in Dublin will have the code for your final destination on it.

And with pre clearance does that mean I can go straight to my other flight then and avoid all the customs and security stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

And with pre clearance does that mean I can go straight to my other flight then and avoid all the customs and security stuff?

Avoid customs? Yes

Avoid security? Depends on whether you will be changing terminal or not and (if not changing terminal) whether the airport facilitates connecting passengers to stay inside security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

toadfly wrote: »

not true. You can if you wish but you don't need to as your info will be on your API

• Advertisement
Advertisement