Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi Vertigo

Options
  • 29-08-2017 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Thinking about picking one of these up in a sort of clearance website sale. It's in another country so can't go see it and have never seem one in the flesh. Overpriced but I've always wanted one (a Celeste Bianchi). I've spent ages googling but cannot really find a lot about this model. It is the c2c (coast to coast) frame (carbon). It seems to be a discontinued bike as I can't find it for sale anywhere as a current model. Just wondering is it famous amongst those in the know as a disaster or something?!

Have a few bikes already but all were sort of sensible purchases, this would be the first one bought that I'd just want....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

See can a local dealer source one for you. The bike station in dundalk are bianchi dealers. Great lads with excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

wife had one until I got t-boned by a car on Clontarf bike lane. Really liked it, so much so that I used to do the odd easy coffee spin on it until I killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Thanks.

Just thinking, would there be any problem getting some shimano spd pedals into a Campagnolo crank? I'm sure it's probably a fashion crime on several levels but I have carbon soled sidi mtb shoes which I prefer to road shoes due to the need to walk a bit off the bike....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Thanks.

Just thinking, would there be any problem getting some shimano spd pedals into a Campagnolo crank? I'm sure it's probably a fashion crime on several levels but I have carbon soled sidi mtb shoes which I prefer to road shoes due to the need to walk a bit off the bike....

There's no technical reason that I can think of, as you don't exactly get Shimano and Campag specific Look Keos, so the spindles are plainly the same. As you allude to though, bad karma awaits :pac:

Advertisement