Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical card

• 29-08-2017 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Can someone tell me if you can get your toe nails cut free on your meadcial card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Jroca wrote: »
    Hi
    Can someone tell me if you can get your toe nails cut free on your meadcial card.

No, unless it can be classified as a medical case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi

Yes. And there's one pedicure a month for free too with a head massage every second month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jroca

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Perhaps, if they were growing out of your head or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Yes, depending on your medical situation best consult with your GP or nurse.

HSE chiropody service
    The HSE can provide certain chiropody services to Medical Card holders. The doctor or public health nurse refers patients to the service. For further information on the chiropody service in your area, contact your local health centre or community services office. There are also private chiropodists throughout the country who can be contacted directly to arrange an appointment, your public health nurse may have contact details for chiropodists.

http://hse.ie/eng/services/list/4/olderpeople/tipsforhealthyliving/footcare.html

• Advertisement

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Hi

I think you can get one toe nail cut every six weeks free, anything after that you have to pay for.

Thank you

Advertisement