Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 digit UserId but only 6 digits allowed

Options
  • 29-08-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

My mother set up her Internet banking a long time ago. Forgot her details. She went to the bank branch today and they helped her sort it out.

Her UserId is 8 digits long, its over the 600xxxxx range.
    We can log on just fine using it on the desktop website, but the mobile app on her phone only allows 6 digits to be entered.

Any advice? Is the app missing a requirement to cater for 8 digit users? Is there a conversion process?

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulyw88

Ray there is an 8 digit user I'd but when you are setting up 365 you are told set give a 6 digit personal code which is what they look for on the phone apps as well as when you ring up. I'm guessing that is what the issue is if its for example looking for the 1st/4th/6th number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Paulyw88 wrote: »
    Ray there is an 8 digit user I'd but when you are setting up 365 you are told set give a 6 digit personal code which is what they look for on the phone apps as well as when you ring up. I'm guessing that is what the issue is if its for example looking for the 1st/4th/6th number.
    Thanks for the response Paul. Yeah I have a separate 6 digit pun code too.
    I have an 8 digit user is and a 6 digit pun

The first screen on the app requires a 6 digit user id and the second screen requires a random selection from the 6 digit pin.

However I can't get passed the first screen because I only have an 8 digit user id

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulyw88

manonboard wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Paul. Yeah I have a separate 6 digit pun code too.
    I have an 8 digit user is and a 6 digit pun

The first screen on the app requires a 6 digit user id and the second screen requires a random selection from the 6 digit pin.

However I can't get passed the first screen because I only have an 8 digit user id

Strange one that. Not a bank of Ireland rep so can't help you there. Just waiting for my own query response. Hopefully you get sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

If you uninstall the app, then reinstall it, it allows you to enter an 8 digit user ID the first time you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

manonboard wrote: »
    Hey Guys

My mother set up her Internet banking a long time ago. Forgot her details. She went to the bank branch today and they helped her sort it out.

Her UserId is 8 digits long, its over the 600xxxxx range.
    We can log on just fine using it on the desktop website, but the mobile app on her phone only allows 6 digits to be entered.

Any advice? Is the app missing a requirement to cater for 8 digit users? Is there a conversion process?

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for getting in touch with us through Boards.

If you delete the app and then re-download it you should then be able to log in with a eight digit User ID that your mother has. Please keep in mind that the mobile app will then save the last User ID that is used to log in to a 365 online profile. You can log into a different profile through the app once a User ID is saved by selecting "Other account login" when you first open the app.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Hey. Thank you for your help.

This resolved the issue for my mum. Much appreciated

Ray

Advertisement