Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track Days for under 18's?

• 29-08-2017 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all.
    Does anyone have any experience with track days for under 18's? I'm 14 but am well able to drive. I live quite close to Mondello so if track days were available there it would be very handy. I contacted them but really couldn't get a straight answer, depending on who you talked to the answer changed.

I'm interested in drifting aswell and had contacted IGR in Pallas but for drivers under 18 they require a IDC Spec roll cage which might be a bit out of my price range out of the moment.

Not pushed on doing it competitively, just want a weekend sport!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. Brian:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brianconway_

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    There is a junior Rallycross class that is for under 16's that is quite competitive and will teach you a wide range of skills. Track days are most likely a no-go at your age.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into Rallycross!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Junior Rallycross is where one of the current leading lights in Irish circuit racing, Niall Murray, started out just 6 or 7 years ago. Cars are cheap as chips and you'll learn loads :)

Advertisement