Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Silver / Carraig Donn

Options
  • 29-08-2017 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

So I got a gift at Christmas of three Newbridge bracelets from Carraig Donn two of these developed faults - stone fell off one and charms from another I returned to Carraig Donn with the receipt on 21/07/2017 and was advised that the items would be returned to Newbridge for repair. Carraig Donn took the bracelets and the receipt and so far that's it.

Carraig Donn are saying that Newbridge have to put it right and I just have to wait it out. I'm now left with no bracelets and no receipt. Where can I go from here I'm getting nowhere with the staff in my local Carraig Donn. Any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Newbridge are usually excellent with this type of thing. My wife had an 8 year old bracelet that had become misshapen. Sent it to them and they repaired it like new for no charge. Likewise they replaced watch batteries free in the past. Contact Newbridge directly, to get a timescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

the bracelets have been sent for repair. whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hi Op

the bracelets have been sent for repair. whats the problem?

That it's taken 5 weeks, I imagine. The retailer is ultimately responsible here and need to give answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ah, i hadn't done the maths :)

5 weeks and no ETA on return of item is very poor.

OP do you have any proof of purchase; like a credit card statement, or anything in writing from the store or emails? Evidence is your friend.

I would recommend you send a registered letter to the store, setting out your case and giving them 7 days to resolve the issue and telling them you will open a small claims case against them if they do not respond to your satisfaction within 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Usually 30 days is normal for repairs. However trades holidays are end July to about 10th Aug.

Shop staff probably don't know this, but should have found out.

I do know that the manufacturing part of Newbridge silver (mainly the premium cutlery sets) was closed from mon 24th july to Tuesday 8th aug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Newbridge are usually excellent with this type of thing. My wife had an 8 year old bracelet that had become misshapen. Sent it to them and they repaired it like new for no charge. Likewise they replaced watch batteries free in the past. Contact Newbridge directly, to get a timescale.

I took your advice and contacted Newbridge directly - I got an instant reply from their customer service area followed by a call from Carraig Donn it turns out Newbridge had returned new items to the Carraig Donn store for me and they were sitting there all along. Got an apology from Carraig Donn manager as they were there last week when I went in looking for an update:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Claregirl wrote: »
    I took your advice and contacted Newbridge directly - I got an instant reply from their customer service area followed by a call from Carraig Donn it turns out Newbridge had returned new items to the Carraig Donn store for me and they were sitting there all along. Got an apology from Carraig Donn manager as they were there last week when I went in looking for an update:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

That sounds like the service I'd expect from Newbridge alright.

Advertisement