Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for American family

Options
  • 30-08-2017 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All

Looking for some inspiration for Christmas presents for my in laws who moved to Boston years ago. It's our first time going to them for Christmas so would love some ideas on what is maybe hard to get or more expensive in the states compared to here?? Without going to cringe with the Irish souvenirs etc. The parents are early 50's kids are in their 20's 2x girls & 1boy.
    Thanks for your help 😊

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Knitted aran hats and jumpers are very popular when i visit. I know, a bit cringe for us, but well made clothing goes down well.

Food is the next one. Vac packed good quality smoked salmon. Not dunnes now... frank hedderman. The classic things they miss. Maybe your spouse has a better idea. Taytos, barrys tea, twirls... soda bread, box of biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I've brought and sent Newbridge Christmas tree decorations and occasionally Newbridge jewellery. I went to the craft fair last year and got a framed picture that says Cairdeas in Scrabble tiles. My American friends have no Irish connection at all so that was a bit unusual. I've also gotten some nice Irish table linen which went down well. Most of my concern was not to be overloaded weight wise!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Newbridge Christmas Ornaments are a fab idea, they're stylish and collector items as well.

Advertisement