Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Gym in Dublin 2/4

• 30-08-2017 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Living in Meath but working in D4, I've been a member of a gym at home since the start of the year however with my wife going back to work and traffic a pain in the h**e I'm looking to change gyms to somewhere near work so that I can go early in the morning (6.30 or so)
    Visited the Flyfit in Baggot St for a look around and it seemed busy enough at 7am but not packed. Good price but I'd be willing to pay more for a better gym if one around. Also its location for parking is...meh...guessing I'd be ok parking on street to 7.30 or so without getting clamped (pay and display from 7) but not sure I'd want the stress everyday of worrying about getting back to the car quickly.

Tried a free session in Iveagh Fitness. Bit disappointed. Recently refurbed it looks all shiny and new and has lots of cardio machines but didn't seem to have much in terms of strength training / squat racks. It was quiet when I was there but for a city centre gym I'd be weary of it. Would cost me about 120 more than flyfit but would pay it if I thought it was worth it.
    Anybody have any thoughts on these or recommend some other gyms I should think of? Not looking to get to the Tokyo Olympics but built up some fitness, lost 20lbs since the start of the year and want to keep going that way.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dunno if it suits but anytime I've been in Raw in Portobello at 7am it's been busy without being overly busy. It also has parking there.

That said, I'm not sure what the story is with membership now and whether or not they have brought in some joining fee nonsense. Worth asking if it would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Cheers Alf - its not one I'd thought of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Well done on your 20 lbs weight loss.

I use to use the DCC gym at the Irishtown Stadium. Free parking and never really that busy
    even in rush hour. Not too big tho but has all the basic gym equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Well done on your 20 lbs weight loss.

I use to use the DCC gym at the Irishtown Stadium. Free parking and never really that busy
    even in rush hour. Not too big tho but has all the basic gym equipment.

Oh it only opens at 7 am so probably won't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lmhall

Check out Andy Kenny Fitness, Grand Canal Dock area
    www.andykennyfitness.ie

• Advertisement

lmhall wrote: »
    Check out Andy Kenny Fitness, Grand Canal Dock area
    www.andykennyfitness.ie

Fairly limited on squat racks and free weights though, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

what about sportsco in ringsend? Haven't been there in years so I don't know what the equipment is like but they're in D4 have free parking and open at 6:45.
    Or Raw, if raw is an option take that option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Thanks for the heads up guys - think I'm going to pay Raw a visit. Reviews seem good. Parking seems quite limited there but will figure something out if I go ahead with it.

Coat22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up guys - think I'm going to pay Raw a visit. Reviews seem good. Parking seems quite limited there but will figure something out if I go ahead with it.

It's limited enough but I don't think that's an issue in the morning. Hasn't been anytime I've trained in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Try Club Vitae on Cardiff Lane. Good prices and not too busy in the mornings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement