Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company not providing detail of claim

Options
  • 30-08-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Time for the insurance to be renewed. Currently with bank of ireland. their renewal is about 30% higher then others so calling it a day with them. Ive had 2 windscreen claims not effecting my no claims in the past few years. I know roughly when they were looked at but dont have the proper dates. Bank of Ireland have said that the new insurer can look at the NCD pin and get the details. The new insurer, 25plus.ie, are saying they cant do that and i need to provide an accurate date. Have any of you got any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Well who fixed the windscreens? Autoglass or the like? Give them a buzz and ask them for the dates of repair / replacement and final costing.

However Bank of Ireland (and the insurer) should really be providing same, so I'd be looking to speak to a team leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Time for the insurance to be renewed. Currently with bank of ireland. their renewal is about 30% higher then others so calling it a day with them. Ive had 2 windscreen claims not effecting my no claims in the past few years. I know roughly when they were looked at but dont have the proper dates. Bank of Ireland have said that the new insurer can look at the NCD pin and get the details. The new insurer, 25plus.ie, are saying they cant do that and i need to provide an accurate date. Have any of you got any solutions?

They, as a tied agent are legally obliged to provide you with a statement of claim history for the duration if your policy.

As corvo said above, ring them back and ask to speak to a tl/manager, as I said, it's a legal entitlement.

Advertisement