Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Susi adjacent rate

• 30-08-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

With the previous 2 years since I began college I have been awarded the non-adjacent rate. This year they have awarded me the adjacent rate and say that I live under 45 km from the college. I have appealed already and it has been unsuccessful. Has anyone else faced a similar issue who could help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hello Therebels10,

Welcome to Boards.ie

I've moved your thread to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Why did the appeal fail? Has the details of the claim changed this year eg house move etc?

A little detail will help people advise.

Use Google maps to verify the distance from home address to college. A new road etc may have affected the distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Sup08

The shorted route is always selected without the use of toll roads. So if there is a motorway that is quicker but has a toll, this route is not selected.

Where the route is close to the threshold, an average of the shortest distance is then taken from both google maps and the aa route finder excluding toll roads.

The distance is always from the address of dependency. So, if a student applies as a dependent upon their parents or legal guardian, then the distance is from the parents or legal guardians house and not where the student decides to live, even if it includes family such as siblings, grandparents or aunts/uncles.

Advertisement