Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATHY school drop and collection

Options
  • 30-08-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have just moved to athy into marina court my son is attending the Irish school junior infants next week and I am looking for someone to do a school run at 8:45 and 1:30 if anyone can help can they message me on 0858402845

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laurajanedas

also they must have a full drivers licence or if anyone has any other ideas can they please get in touch I'm really stuck at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I think Seanie Bolger (bus) does a school run, I see his bus every morning at Ardreigh (Bridgefield manor, Coneyboro, etc) at approx 8:20. They seem to be primary aged kids.

I think Seanie Bolger (bus) does a school run, I see his bus every morning at Ardreigh (Bridgefield manor, Coneyboro, etc) at approx 8:20. They seem to be primary aged kids.

Ah brilliant he's only in junior infants I need a bus that will let me on It aswel ha I wil ring and see at the minute I wouldn't prefer someone collcting and dropping so I know he gets in ok would you have a contact number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

you could try with the Shooting Stars Playschool, they may have available space on their bus.
    its just around the corner from you opposite the Church, on Church Road.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    you could try with the Shooting Stars Playschool, they may have available space on their bus.
    its just around the corner from you opposite the Church, on Church Road.
    Thanks for the reply i have tried them they won't let me just use the bus I would have to pay €19 a day for there after school service which I don't need at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My little lad has just started in the same class :D

Hope you got sorted, if not, maybe try an add on the Athy Facebook Buy & Sell type pages. There's bound to be someone dropping kids and coming from your side.

Might also be worth asking in the office in case other parents have left their details for dropping kids/ minding them after school etc.

Mink wrote: »
    My little lad has just started in the same class :D

Hope you got sorted, if not, maybe try an add on the Athy Facebook Buy & Sell type pages. There's bound to be someone dropping kids and coming from your side.

Might also be worth asking in the office in case other parents have left their details for dropping kids/ minding them after school etc.

Hi still no luck fingers crossed I get someone before Monday my partners back in work then
    😩
    Yes I will check that tomorrow thanks so much .. how's your little lad getting on? my son loves it so far
    Are you on the other side of athy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yeah we're walking distance 10-15 mins. You'd be about 25 mins walk I'd say, but you probably know that ;)

He loves it so far, the múinteoir already has him under spell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Another thing maybe worth trying is the Bus Eireann school service.
    It might be past the application stage, but not harm in trying.
    If they still have space they may facilitate.

Used it for my son to the Gaelscoil from Coneyboro and it was very handy.

Best of Luck.

Pablod wrote: »
    Another thing maybe worth trying is the Bus Eireann school service.
    It might be past the application stage, but not harm in trying.
    If they still have space they may facilitate.

Used it for my son to the Gaelscoil from Coneyboro and it was very handy.

Best of Luck.

Hi thanks for the reply what age there your son use the bus at I was thinking mine might be a bit small he's only in junior infants

• Advertisement

PM sent

sounds a bit pricey alright, I pay the same amount to get my daughter to school and back.....in Castledermot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Hi thanks for the reply what age there your son use the bus at I was thinking mine might be a bit small he's only in junior infants

he would have been in 3rd/4th class so 8/9yrs old when using the bus, there were a lot of kids around same age and younger.

No harm in asking and asl about getting the bus with him.

Advertisement