Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 nationals road race Sunday 10th September - under 40s only?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if riders over 40 can race the A3 nationals?

On the CI website it says "**DO NOT CHOOSE FOREIGN LICENCE HOLDER IF THAT'S ALL YOU CAN SEE - RIDERS WITH BRITISH NATIONALITY ARE INELIGIBLE, ALSO M40, M50 & M60 CATEGORY ARE INELIGIBLE FOR THE A3 RACE AND WILL BE REFUNDED**"

No over 40s?
    Am I reading that right?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It depends on what you've registered as.

If you're over 40, you can do it if you're A3 and registered as a Senior. If you're over 40 and registered as an M40, then you have to do the M40 Nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

It depends on what you've registered as.

If you're over 40, you can do it if you're A3 and registered as a Senior. If you're over 40 and registered as an M40, then you have to do the M40 Nationals.

Would that have been an option when taking out the license?
    It says M40 on my license.
    I didn't race the M40 nationals.
    I don't suppose I can change my m40 to a Senior license?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yes. You pick what to register as when taking out your licence.

You can't switch between the two categories mid-season.
    A rider who satisfies the above criteria may opt for the appropriate Masters Licence however this must be done on their initial licence application for that year. However any such rider cannot subsequently revert back to Senior category.

Advertisement