Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 leaks other customers Account Names

Options
  • 30-08-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭

For a long time Banking 365 has been leaking other Bank of Ireland customers account names. 
     If you make a payment to them.  Are there any plans to stop this?

Example:
    Set up a BOI Payee and and enter an account name of Joe Bloggs etc.
    Make a payment to 'Joe Bloggs'.
    Their real account name will appear as part of your statement narrative.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Tow wrote: »
    For a long time Banking 365 has been leaking other Bank of Ireland customers account names. 
     If you make a payment to them.  Are there any plans to stop this?

Example:
    Set up a BOI Payee and and enter an account name of Joe Bloggs etc.
    Make a payment to 'Joe Bloggs'.
    Their real account name will appear as part of your statement narrative.

Hi Tow,

Thanks for getting on to us here.

The payee name is mandatory when you're setting up a payee and you are required to enter this information when registering a payee initially. The payee name will appear as a narrative on your statement in order to identify who the payment was made too. 

Thanks again for your message. 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Darren,

I don't think you understood me.  You can enter any text when setting up a payment as the account name, but the text on the statement will contain the real account name, which is only available to BOI.  I agree in most cases it will be the same, but is not how a secure computer system should operate.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Tow wrote: »
    Darren,

I don't think you understood me.  You can enter any text when setting up a payment as the account name, but the text on the statement will contain the real account name, which is only available to BOI.  I agree in most cases it will be the same, but is not how a secure computer system should operate.

Thanks for getting back to us here Tow.

I can confirm that we'd always ask that you use the name on an account when setting up a payee. So our customers know exactly who a transfer is going to the name would sometimes be brought across to show on your statement. Please be assured that we have also taken note of your feedback and concerns.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

Advertisement