Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting first time commercial insurance

Options
  • 30-08-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Hi there, looking for an advice you can give please. I am looking to purchase a small van for my business. I run a physiotherapy business and part of my business involves doing pitchside work for GAA teams so I often have to haul around massage tables/bags/balls/training equipment etc. However I am having extreme difficulty in finding anyone to insure me. I am a genuine business with a Company Registration Number/Registered with revenue but most companies are telling me they only insure tradesmen and people who "carry equipment that won't fit in a car". Well my equipment is exactly like, which I why I would like a van! Also, it is my first time getting commercial insurance and my 12 years NCB in a private car doesn't seem to count for much.

Any advice? Other companies worth trying or anyone else in a similar situation that got sorted?

Thanks

Advertisement