Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQT- First wage payment Thursday Week. How many days are we paid for

Options
  • 30-08-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

I am just out of college and have been lucky enough to get a fixed term contract for the year. I have done a bit of subbing but I'm not really au-fait with how the whole payroll thing works. I know the first payment for the term is tomorrow week. Today was my first day back which was a Croke Park day, tomorrow is also, and the kids start on Friday. Does this mean I can expect to be paid for 6 days or how does it work?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

This was certainly the case when I was subbing two years ago: the OLCS is filled out by the secretary (usually) on the Friday directly after payday. So, primary teachers were paid last Thursday and the OLCS was filled out last Friday. Next Friday, the days worked up until that date will be added. In other words, if this is your first post and your paperwork was filed with the DES after the 14th of July, there may be a delay of another fortnight.
    I am entirely open to correction but that is certainly how it worked for subbing a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Redser87 wrote: »
    This was certainly the case when I was subbing two years ago: the OLCS is filled out by the secretary (usually) on the Friday directly after payday. So, primary teachers were paid last Thursday and the OLCS was filled out last Friday. Next Friday, the days worked up until that date will be added. In other words, if this is your first post and your paperwork was filed with the DES after the 14th of July, there may be a delay of another fortnight.
    I am entirely open to correction but that is certainly how it worked for subbing a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of subbing last May and June so I am on the payroll already.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Our last primary pay cheque on the 24th was for the dates 8th-21st of august. The next on the 7th of Sept will be for the 22nd-4th of Sept.
    If you are casual subbing you won't get paid for the croke park days. Casual subs don't have to do these.
    If it is a fixed term years' contract you will be paid from the date that went on the PTAF  form..primary teachers appointment form to the dept, usually 1st Sept for full year to 31st of August. Even if you were previously on the system as a casual sub you may not get paid for the fixed term contract until your PTAF form has been processed so don't be surprised if you have to wait till the 21st to get paid or longer. Some BOMS will help out staff while they wait for pay from dept to come thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tubs12

Hi guys I have been subbing since the 11th of September everyday but I didn’t receive any wages yesterday morning.Two weeks ago I received a days subbing into my bank account and previous to that 6 days.Would anyone know the reason behind this?? Should I ring payroll or ask the principal.Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tubs12

Hi guys I have been subbing since the 11th of September everyday but I didn’t receive any wages yesterday morning.Two weeks ago I received a days subbing into my bank account and previous to that 6 days.Would anyone know the reason behind this?? Should I ring payroll or ask the principal.Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

First stop would be the principal to check the days have been entered on the OLCS online claims system for you. If they have then contact payroll.
    I am assuming that you are a registered teacher, unqualified subs can only work for five consecutive days then a break of at least a day must be taken before they are employed anywhere as a sub teacher or they won't get paid for the sixth and following days.
    tubs12 wrote: »

Advertisement