Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying property in Spain.best place?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    We are thinking of buying an apartment in Spain for Holidays and eventually retirement .looking for 2 bed with pool closes to beach and amenities. Maximum budget 130k including fees.Just wondering if anyone has had similar searches or advice of areas with good value at moment?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How do you plan to get there is important. Don't pick an airport only as it has a low-cost carrier in it; Ryanair has pulled out of places before, leaving people with a large journey to get to their beach house.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I've just been to Portugal to complete a deal.and am headed to Spain on such a mission very soon. I've done a lot of research already and will be sure to come back and share once I see what its like on the ground.
    But what you are looking at certainly is very doable. And as the other poster has said, very important to make sure it is near or within easy reach of an airport which isn't likely to be pulled.
    Eg Barcelona, Alicante, malaga, etc. And not the likes of girona, Murcia, etc.

Either train or an hour's drive from the airports is what I'm looking at. Also withing popular resorts as Airbnb will be very important and good management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭sk8board

galway1973 wrote: »
    Hi
    We are thinking of buying an apartment in Spain for Holidays and eventually retirement .looking for 2 bed with pool closes to beach and amenities. Maximum budget 130k including fees. Just wondering if anyone has had similar searches or advice of areas with good value at moment?
    Thanks

which areas of Spain have you spent the most time in that have appealed to you?

Your needs for retirement will be different perhaps (somewhere quieter?, no children? access requirements/stairs/lifts/ground floor etc).

There needs to be a commercial element to the place you buy - i.e. it needs to be somewhere you could rent almost all year round. You won't be holidaying in spain every single year - the world is too big for that I'd suggest :)

What type of yields are in your preferred areas?

Somewhere in a new development? or a 2nd hand place but better located?
    a walk to the supermarket (and the beach?) is a must.

Somewhere with mostly Spanish people will tend to be better value & lesser developed.

How good is your spanish?

Would you live there all year round? if yes, then why not sell your irish house when you retire and buy in spain at that point.

I'd love to understand the % of people who actually retire full time to Spain after buy a place years earlier and holidaying there every year - there may be a few here perhaps.

Advertisement