Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very bad at managing my money-advice

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Seriously?
    No ads or PM me for advice - as I used to work for XXXX investments - already? WOW!
    Looks like this thread didn't work.
    PS - I don't believe the OP unless their never at home, only to sleep.

No Ads? This Thread didnt work? What are you on about? Your speaking in riddles man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice folks

If I get to september 25th without getting any more shortterm loans I should be in a much better postion, the only loan I will have is the one I am paying provident . i have 1000 euro left on this and ive agreed to give them 200 a month, I could probably clear the damn. thing in september .The reason the esb is so high is because again I missed some payments . So next months without any more loans its looking like as follows

rent-560
    esb-185
    phone-40
    tv and bb-50
    petrol-50
    clear provident loan-1000

Why would you need the shortterm loan. Pay the loans/bills etc off then with with the amount left live off it for the month. If that means you have to forgo something so be it. If that means you have to live off a stew/mince whatever do it. If that means no PPV, alcohol, lotto or bet for the month then so be it. DO IT WITHOUT THE LOAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Learn to cook meals like curries,lasagna shepherds pie etc.youll get dinner for two days.thats what I do.I can feed myself for about 20 euro for the week.you can get a big pack of mince in supervalu for 4 euro.freeze half use the other too make Bolognese or something.thats dinner for two days.then use the other for shepherds pie or something.youve got 4 days dinner from one pack of mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

Genuine question ...... are you gambling more than you notice? It's almost impossible to find yourself in your position unless you are funding some sort of addiction.

Why would you need the shortterm loan. Pay the loans/bills etc off then with with the amount left live off it for the month. If that means you have to forgo something so be it. If that means you have to live off a stew/mince whatever do it. If that means no PPV, alcohol, lotto or bet for the month then so be it. DO IT WITHOUT THE LOAN

But.sure the loan is gotten now . It's history. I'm not debating getting a loan and I didn't ask for judgment either

• Advertisement

Genuine question ...... are you gambling more than you notice? It's almost impossible to find yourself in your position unless you are funding some sort of addiction.

No I'm not . The online bet was a once off. The lotto too was a once off . I rarely do it .

No I'm not . The online bet was a once off. The lotto too was a once off . I rarely do it .

So where is you money going?

So where is you money going?

Did you not read my post of out goings this month

Did you not read my post of out goings this month

Yes and it still doesn't answer the question.

You need one small consolidation loan from a normal bank/credit union to clear all debt/arrears to everyone. You should seek one with a standard rather rather than an extortionate rate from a quasi money lender and then start from stratch with a budget.

Btw, your attitude towards people equally as bad as your attitude towards money! I'm out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

loyatemu wrote: »
    I recommend the You Need a Budget app for tracking your day to day spending and planning for irregular spending like car insurance etc.

apart from that, the lotto is an obvious cut- you've more chance of being struck by lightning. Also how are you spending 184 a month on gas/leccy as a single person?

Actually you have less chance of being struck by lightning than winning the lotto, in Ireland anyway. Your chances are still slim but more people win the lotto every year in Ireland than people being struck by lightning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It's very simple to get rid of money without having nothing to show for it. You don't need to be gambling to do it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

But.sure the loan is gotten now . It's history. I'm not debating getting a loan and I didn't ask for judgment either

In the message I quoted you talked about maybe having to get a another short term loan before the 25th September. That is why I said do not get another loan unless you have got 1 since you wrote that post. Please tell me what was judgmental about my post

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

youneedabudget.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

No Ads? This Thread didnt work? What are you on about? Your speaking in riddles man

Riddles they may be perhaps, you got good advice about the app.
    Remember this old tale before we depart,
    A fool and their money are bound to part.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

I would appreciate some advice on how to manage my money better , I earn 3k net every month yet live pay cheque to pay check. Here are my fixed expenses

Rent-560
    Phone-53(includes 13 for insurance)
    TV and BB(50 for 6 months,130 for final 6 month)
    Car-petrol and tax about 100 a month
    Elec-100

Wtf?? So by these figures you avg €530 pw left after paying out and cant manage it and also have a provident loan?? surely a pisstake...lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Honestly, If I was netting 3K a month, had had rent at 550ish, id be saving 1500 a month.

I'd pretend I was earning 1500. In 2 years, you would have 36000 saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hanky2016

26 male and single. Earning Just short of €3300 after tax. My outgoings are €850. This includes all my priority items such as rent, food, petrol, insurance, phone bill and loan from college. I try to cut corners anywhere I can. Prepping lunches, not buying coffees, offers on meats, one night out a month. Out of the 2450 I've left I save €1500 and live off the the €800 ish for the month. Normally have some of this left over too.

Took me a while to get smart with my money, first job out of college earning a proper wage I was blowing it all and barely scraping by.

Advertisement