Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britannia (2018 -- Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Please use spoiler tag if fulfilling this request.

I didn't literally mean how does the plot end....I was asking if it ended in a way that would allow it to work as a mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Bilge. TY students do Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭corkie

Only worthy quote from the show: -
    Hope is a small daughter, of a blind father!

Finished the series, it had it's moments, but felt like it didn't go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Warming to it but it teeters on the brink of absurdity all the time. That
    Jedi mind trick scene
    at the beginning of the third episode was just:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Just watching the first episode and it's alright, then again any programme that has Welsh spoken in it is OK with me.. It's another on my watch list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Warming to it but it teeters on the brink of absurdity all the time. That
    Jedi mind trick scene
    at the beginning of the third episode was just:rolleyes:

Check out the St. Patrick movie with Patrick Bergin.

Bergin uses a jedi mind trick to murder pagans cause they won't convert to christianity lmao.

Full movie on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUfgHopiPI

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought episode 2 was a bit of an improvement, won't give up on it just yet

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,723 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was totally unable to comprehend what I was watching for all of episode 1 and agree it seemed totally mis-cast, especially Julian Rhind-Tutt.

Watched the rest of it due to lack of options more than anything and found myself enjoying it for what it was. It's almost criminally historically inaccurate in relation to the Celts but the Romans are bang on and actually based on historical figures. One word to sum up the whole production (Donovan's drug-fuelled mania included) would be incongruous.

I doubt it'll get a second season and I will be able to live quite happily without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Watched the first episode and while it's not as terrible as I expected, it's a bit all over the place and pretty muddled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm 4 episodes in now, I think it's absolutely great! Episode 2 explains everything you may have been confused by in the first episode. After that it's just twists and turns everywhere. I have no idea where it goes or how it ends, but I'm glad I gave it a go when I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭memorystick

40 minutes in and am not impressed

Finished it in two days. It's great, stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just watched the first two episodes back to back and won't be bothering with the rest. The sad thing that if they'd just made a historically accurate show about the political machinations around the Roman invasion it would have been fascinating. Instead they went with this weird mix of history, fantasy and plain ham.

Hey, it had some crucifixion in it, you won't see that on Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭corkie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed

You could have provided a link to sources, but never mind I used google.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/03/britannia-renewed-for-2nd-season-by-sky.html

Is it bad, that I drew a blank on the show, needing to scan through an episode to remember what it was about.

Bit surprised they killed off Kelly Reilly.

It was an ok series, passed an hour on the winter nights but it would need to improve a bit in series 2

Britannia 2nd season starts on Sky Atlantic on Thursday November 7th

Anyone still watching this?

It's not great so far but hopefully will improve a bit.

Back watching today and I can't remember who anyone is or what is going on. My memory is atrocious.

• Advertisement

Advertisement