Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Killarney 16th Sep 12.00 (Captains Prize)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yeah still there alright ,there's a great bar called the failte that has an early music session where we could start ?and across the road is scotts that has an open air band area and bar...... depending on weather its normally good

Scotts .. opposite the Royal Hotel, remember going there a bit alright, That failte bar, is it up a little hill tucked in a corner?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Scotts .. opposite the Royal Hotel, remember going there a bit alright, That failte bar, is it up a little hill tucked in a corner?

actually just looked up google maps, that place I was thinking of looks like it is a hostel now!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Yeah still there alright ,there's a great bar called the failte that has an early music session where we could start ?and across the road is scotts that has an open air band area and bar...... depending on weather its normally good

It's on the street opposite scotts , big enough bar.

Mcsorleys is in the same area , its normally lively aswell

ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Is there a spot in killarney to get myself a snobby/hipster (cross out as appropiate) properly hopped ale?

Recommendations for long drive, nearest the pin? Off front or middle tees? Any final course tips?

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Is there a spot in killarney to get myself a snobby/hipster (cross out as appropiate) properly hopped ale?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

We expect to have the option of playing off the whites or the front tees. Will decide on the day when we know for sure what the weather looks like. It's close on 10 years since I last played the course so I am open to suggestions on nearest the pin/longest drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

ballyk wrote: »
    We expect to have the option of playing off the whites or the front tees. Will decide on the day when we know for sure what the weather looks like. It's close on 10 years since I last played the course so I am open to suggestions on nearest the pin/longest drive.

I would suggest the par 5 11th or the par 4 13th for longest drive(both are straightaway teeshots with generous fairways and no bunkers) and 10 for nearest the pin for what it's worth.

3, 6 and 10 are the par 3s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Hi lads.
    I'm a member of killarney
    13 for long drive
    10 for nearest pin
    Courtney bar for good selection of beers
    Reidys is a new bar in town well worth a visit
    Speakeasy, failte, Scott's mcsorelys all worth a visit for a pint
    Play off white tees as they will be pushed up a bit from the stone
    Green tees is very short on some holes
    Kileen is in good condition
    Enjoy yere round

nice one golfguy
    i agree with whites, we don't want to be to far forward, it is captains prize after all

If fixdepitch isn't coming then is anyone else bringing balloons for the long drive off the barstool challenge at the after party?

:D:D:D memories :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Macker1

If fixdepitch isn't coming then is anyone else bringing balloons for the long drive off the barstool challenge at the after party?

It's marshmallows this year :P:P:P

Baloons????
    Sorted ! :D

36410087983_f39100b7ae_z.jpg

That was hilarious! I actually have pictures and video from the barstool challenge somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

That was hilarious! I actually have pictures and video from the barstool challenge somewhere...

Don't even think about it :D

Enjoy boys.

Sorry could't make anny outings this year.

Just broke at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Sorry I'm not making it this year lads.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the golf and pints.

Good luck with your day Ballyk.

Thanks 3putt. It's unfortunate you weren't able to join us more this year but hopefully you'll be back into it with us next year.

Looking forward to a good weekend!

So who's going to predict a win or a top-3 place for themselves then? Some lads are so keen to win they've even taken today off to get out for a practice round! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

Thanks 3putt. It's unfortunate you weren't able to join us more this year but hopefully you'll be back into it with us next year.

Looking forward to a good weekend!

So who's going to predict a win or a top-3 place for themselves then? Some lads are so keen to win they've even taken today off to get out for a practice round! :eek::D

I am just back from 2 weeks in Portugal.
    Nice and relaxed no golf to muddy my mind.
    I will put my head on the block and predict double my score from Kilkenny.
    40 points should get me close to top 3 I should hope😎😎😎

• Advertisement

Some lads are so keen to win they've even taken today off to get out for a practice round! :eek::D

Landed in Killarney about 5.30, didn't play today so headed straight to the course to check it out. Didn't see to much of it though as I picked up a range token and headed back out across the road and hit a small bag.

Then checked into the hotel, headed for a the pool but some little fecker was after taking a dump in it! Jacuzzi it was so for about half an hour and now I'm in the town waiting on what will hopefully be a savage T-bone

Whoever is down early and wants to hit balls at the range, I have some vouchers so gimme a shout before you buy any. The range is in lackabane course so across the road from main club. Pass the club on your left as you head out of town and it's only about 50 yards up on the right. When you turn right head all the way up to the top, clubhouse is pretty much abandoned, when you park, range is a hundred yards other side of the clubhouse. 2 chipping greens and a putting green. Very very soft. Make sure you have your golf shoes on.

I'll probably head over there about 11 after my lie in :D

Oh yes and Roadrunner will be happy, I found porterhouse selling all the home brew you can muster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Macker1

What was the weather like down there ???

Enjoy the T-Bone.........best washed down with massive feed of pints ;););)

How far is the course from the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Hopefully aiming to get down in time to hit a few balls - my weather look ok, what does everyone else's look like :-)

Macker1 wrote: »
    How far is the course from the hotel.

About 3/4 of a mile :)

Oh sorry you probably meant hotel for tomorrow, I'm not sure. Staying in different hotel tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,524 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

About 3/4 of a mile :)

The hotel we're staying in tomorrow is about 6-7km from the course though Seve isnt it?

The hotel we're staying in tomorrow is about 6-7km from the course though Seve isnt it?

No idea space I thought it was close to the town.
    I walked in earlier on, took me about 20 mins so I think about the same but far side of town

Scouting mission complete, found a class boozer for tomorrow. Reidys. The most unassuming pub I've ever walked into. Thought it wasn't much more than a little wine bar at first but it goes on forever, and it is VERY cool

• Advertisement

Ah guys, just wanted say big kudos to whichever of you it was who took a dump in the pool before Seve got in. He's up the top of the leaderboard with only 4scoring games so far. Right that you can't be letting him get too comfortable!

Advertisement