Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American motorhome VRT.

Options
  • 30-08-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm strongly considering purchasing an american RV, something along the lines of a ford/chevy fleetwood 4 to 6 berth. I want to import the vehicle myself from either the UK or the United States. Has anyone any experience in this? I'm also curious about the VRT I'm aware that the rate of VRT is 13.5% but my question is 13.5% of what? I can't find any definitive answers anywhere.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sav88 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm strongly considering purchasing an american RV, something along the lines of a ford/chevy fleetwood 4 to 6 berth. I want to import the vehicle myself from either the UK or the United States. Has anyone any experience in this? I'm also curious about the VRT I'm aware that the rate of VRT is 13.5% but my question is 13.5% of what? I can't find any definitive answers anywhere.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

13.5% of what Revenue think your camper is worth.
    Pick a number out of a hat in many cases.

Advertisement