Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird happenings

Options
  • 30-08-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

A friend has been having a lot of weird (mostly) electrical problems in his house. Water seems to be condensing, especially in and around electrical gadgets. PC is wet inside, and has died several times. Mobile phone died twice recently, and found to have water inside it. Light bulbs exploding on a regular basis. He, his g/f feeling sick, two pets go through frequent bouts of being sick, or peeing on beds. Circuit breakers keep tripping out, sometimes ALL of them go at once.
    I am an electronics engineer, have brought test instruments in, but found nothing other than radiated pulses from a neighbouring electric fence, but I don't believe that could cause the problems that he is experiencing. ESB have changed his connection to a different phase, Eircom have been in and checked his phone line, and found nothing useful.
    I wonder if anyone here has ever come across anything similar ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

has he tried a dehumidifier to see if the place is just very damp?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sbkenn

He has a hygrometer, and no more so than any other home. Water was gathering even when relative humidity was only 65%

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So do you think its a ghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sbkenn

When all possibilities have been eliminated !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

sbkenn wrote: »
    When all possibilities have been eliminated !

When all possibilities have been eliminated, you've probably missed a possibility or two...

• Advertisement
Advertisement