Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overgrown gravel driveway

Options
  • 30-08-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, so I've just moved in to a house that's been unoccupied for about 5 years, among the long list of repairs is the driveway. Nature has taken hold, its gravel but it now has a fine layer of muck, weeds and grass keeping it cosy :( I really don't know how to approach it.

In the places where the car has been driving on it for a couple of weeks it has cleared, so it really is only millimetres of muck that's accumulated. The actual drive is a mixture of fist sized stones and smaller pebbles, it will definitely need a top up but for now I'd like to get it cleared before it gets worse.

Any ideas on the best way to get it done? I'll post pictures if it will help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A steel rake and some patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

Thank you, I had been doing a bit of raking but I couldn't tell if I was making it better or worse. I'll stay going so. I have patience but I was more worried about someone telling me after the fact that I could have gone down a much simpler route, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Get a machinhe , scrape off the couple of mm muck layer and spread a new layer of gravel of your choice if the theyre is a good base there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

A decent power washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Post pictures

• Advertisement
Advertisement