Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment taken twice?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I was doing my shopping this evening and charged twice on my account, who do I call to correct this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

thermo wrote: »
    Hi I was doing my shopping this evening and charged twice on my account, who do I call to correct this?
    Thanks.

Bank of Ireland online banking is a joke. This happens all the time - payments coming up as been taken twice, but then a while later it's corrected. Impossible to tell when you have actually been debited twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thanks.

Hi thermo,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Each account would go through what is called "book keeping" each night. This means that all the details from transactions throughout the day are updating on your account. While this is happening transactions can show as duplicated and it should only last for an hour or so. For this reason I would ask you to check your account now and please let us know here if the transaction is still duplicated on your transaction history.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hi thermo,

Each account would go through what is called "book keeping" each night. This means that all the details from transactions throughout the day are updating on your account. While this is happening transactions can show as duplicated and it should only last for an hour or so. For this reason I would ask you to check your account now and please let us know here if the transaction is still duplicated on your transaction history.

Darren.

It has not self corrected, it's still showing as 2 transactions and more importantly the money is still gone.

Hi thermo,

Darren.

It has not self corrected, it's still showing as 2 transactions and more importantly the money is still gone.

Thanks so much for getting back to us thermo,

Can I ask if there was any incident when you were doing the payment. For example did the teller in the shop cancel or void the transaction and then put through another one?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Can I ask if there was any incident when you were doing the payment. For example did the teller in the shop cancel or void the transaction and then put through another one?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    The card was scanned and the machine rejected it.

• Advertisement

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    The card was scanned and the machine rejected it.

Thanks for your reply.

In this case the money should automatically come back into your account once the transactions are fully processed by the retailer. Depending on how the retailer processes these transactions it can take up to five working days for the amount to come back into your account.
    If the money doesn't come back into your account once the five working days have passed then you would need to contact the retailer directly as they would need to manually refund this amount to you.

Thanks again for all your messages,
    Darren.

Thanks for your reply.

In this case the money should automatically come back into your account once the transactions are fully processed by the retailer. Depending on how the retailer processes these transactions it can take up to five working days for the amount to come back into your account.
    If the money doesn't come back into your account once the five working days have passed then you would need to contact the retailer directly as they would need to manually refund this amount to you.

Thanks again for all your messages,
    Darren.

Thank you!

Advertisement