Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mercy (Raw PPV) Thread

Options
  • 30-08-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

wwe-no-mercy-social.jpg

September 24th from Los Angeles

Confirmed:

Brock Lesnar v Braun Strowman for Universal Title
    John Cena v Roman Reigns

Rumoured:

Rollins/Ambrose v Sheamus/Cesaro for Tag Titles
    Alexa Bliss v Nia Jax v Sasha Banks for Womens Title
    Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt
    The Miz v Samoa Joe for IC Title

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    wwe-no-mercy-social.jpg

September 24th from Los Angeles

Confirmed:

Brock Lesnar v Braun Strowman for Universal Title
    John Cena v Roman Reigns

How did these 2 matches happen or should I even bother asking, WWE logic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The promo for this with Alexa Bliss is strange and creepy but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh lots of questions Alexa!

I wonder are the masks hinting at someone else debuting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

That promo doesn't mention one match on the card but it looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The ad looks like they were going for a Harley Quinn rip-off.

I'm looking forward to the two main matches on this. Hope they deliver as WWE haven't had a great year match quality wise relative to the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am so incredibly thirsty for a Strowman title reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I am so incredibly thirsty for a Strowman title reign.

Same. HEs come along way from his rosebud days and the awkward Wyatt family debut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He just has to win it at no mercy

His progress in a few years of wrestling is phenomenal one of the few complete performance center success stories

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours around that Taker will appear after the Cena vs Reigns match (will Cena vs Reigns go on last after Lesner vs Strowman ???)

I know a lot of people would be against it but if love to see a Cena vs Taker match (well they fought before but that was the American bad ass taker and Cena was only starting out)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I still wish it was Cena vs Taker at Mania, now I don't like the idea of Taker returning considering they did the whole leaving the hat, coat and gloves in the ring thing after he faced off against Reigns.

I wonder does the fact that Cena will be off for an extended period filming Bumblebee mean that Reigns is going over here. As much as people have hated on Cena in the past, reigns going over him will not make "The Big Dog" get over, instead I can imagine a Rumble esque response from the crowd with Cena taking the Rocks place and holding Reigns hand up in victory while the boos ring out around the arena.

Thankfully it won't be the main event though Braun/Brock will be awesome!

Those two matches being announced could do the job of keeping people who only joined up for Summerslam subscribed instead of them then cutting the cord after their free month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I still wish it was Cena vs Taker at Mania, now I don't like the idea of Taker returning considering they did the whole leaving the hat, coat and gloves in the ring thing after he faced off against Reigns.

I remember how on the Raw after Mania they were saying things like "probably Undertakers last match", now Reigns comes out and says he retired him a lot, lots of heels have said similar after putting guys on the shelf when the guy was never retiring

There was no serious talk of it being Takers last match leading up to Mania iirc, but it was being presented as such during the pre show and then it went on last

I'm thinking now they were covering themselves in case the surgery Taker was going to have didn't work out and if it was his real retirement it's still done in a proper way, but not a definitive final way

If he is to come back please let it be for a Reigns rematch, it's great when the crowd is truly behind one person and fully against another. If it's Cena it's just a cool marquee match that hasnt been done.

Actually looking forward to this ppv

Regins vs Cena is a big deal and is a mania worthy match. I'm seeing Reigns winning. Is this the first singles between the two??? I knw they have tag matches against and with each other???

Hoping for Strowman to win the title, can't wait for that match and I hope they let them at it and make it the monster brawl it should be

Not too excited about Jordon vs Miz, don't want to watch Angle cry when his 'son' wins the title

Hopefully this is the end of Balor vs Wyatt, for a rivialry which had so much potential it bombed a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Where's Samoa Joe gone? I don't recall seeing him on raw the last few weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is he not injured?

Injured, and it's hard to see where he'd fit in anyway so it could be a blessing in disguise until after this PPV where he should be back in the title scene after should Strowman win

Maybe Joe will interfere in one of the matches??

Be cool if he attacked whoever wins the title match or maybe in the Cena vs Reigns match ???

I wouldn't mind him interfering in Reigns/Cena, the match can be done on a bigger stage some other time and it puts off WWE having Reigns beat Cena for now, and then we can see who the best Samoan joe is

But let him stay away from the Braun/Lesnar match because we need a proper finish for that now imo

I really, really want a proper torch passing here, and have Brawn kill Brock like Brock killed Cena...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Definitely hoping for no interference in Lesnar & Strowman's match, just let them tear each other to bits.

I feel as if every now and again, a moment comes where WWE can properly get behind a genuine new talent at the top of the card. Tonight, it's Brawn. He's so hot right now, the crowd react so strong, he's got the look...

...I really, really want them to capitlaise on this and give Brawn the god damn title.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have the worrying feeling they’re going to stick to their Lesnar passing the torch to Reigns at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ...I really, really want them to capitlaise on this and give Brawn the god damn title.

I'm not keen on another unstoppable champ run but at least Strowman would be around.

Kinda enjoying the feeling that most of these matches could go either way.

Really want Strowman to win but are they really going to let Brock lose the title at a non big 4 PPV ??

How many matches has Brock lost since returning in 2012 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lesnar & Strowman has screwy finish written all over it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Midnight start, or 1:00 a.m?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

3 hour show so 1am start off don't include the preshow. Keep forgetting it's on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really don't like single show PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Off tomorrow so I'll watch this.

There's two big 4 PPV standard matches on this. Doesn't happen often on a 'B' PPV.

I expect to be let down :-)

Whats closing the show Strowman vs Lesner or Reigns vs Cena??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Reigns / Cena to end in a false finish, double DQ, double count-out? Can't see a decisive winner on a "B" PPV.

Advertisement