Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mercy (Raw PPV) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I forget how fast Strowman is, just the elbow to the face and then wheeled around so fast for the headbutt. That's not even taking into account how fast he can go from one corner to another.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

People on twitter are saying the belt doesn't have Brock's sideplates on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Strowman makes Lesner look small

Vince Strowmans the guy not Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I know wrestlers are supposed to sell but are they both genuinely exhausted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Whaaaat?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

haha that sucked what a weird show.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fucccck

This means one thing reigns is taking the title off Lesner 😣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well that was a rather disappointing end. Last three matches brought me down hard after enjoying the show upto that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭chris20

I'm a big lesnar fan but I think it's time he lost the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭chris20

Best match of the night was the tag match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't think they could've booked a worse finish than that if they tried. When Reigns takes the belt off Brock at Mania next year and is still being booed out of the building, there won't be a single credible star to step up to him. I guess that's what Vince wants though, the fool.

chris20 wrote: »
    Best match of the night was the tag match
    Yeah, I thought it was the best one of the night too, and fair play to Cesaro for gutting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was the best one of the night too, and fair play to Cesaro for gutting it out.

girls the second best as it was a fun little match. Twas a decent B PPV up until the last hour, but those 2 basic main events and Enzo "wrestling" really dragged it down sadly.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    girls the second best as it was a fun little match. Twas a decent B PPV up until the last hour, but those 2 basic main events and Enzo "wrestling" really dragged it down sadly.
    Yeah, the women's match felt like one of the better multi-women matches they've had on the main roster. Everyone got a chance to look strong, at least for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyway as others have said, what's souring people on the final hour is not just the matches, but the reality is we are getting Roman kicking out of 17 f5's at Mania, I and others called it ages ago, but there was a naive small part of me that thought they may switch it up for a little while before that.

Oops.:eek:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Anyway as others have said, what's souring people on the final hour is not just the matches, but the reality is we are getting Roman kicking out of 17 f5's at Mania, I and others called it ages ago, but there was a naive small part of me that thought they may switch it up for a little while before that.

Oops.:eek:
    Yeah, one of my friends was going mad trying to book it in his head. He settled on Heyman turning on Brock, Braun winning, Brock going away for a while before returning to get a rematch at the Rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Multiple results that fans are going to hate.....business as usual really. I hope that means a heel turn for Enzo at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

chris20 wrote: »
    I'm a big lesnar fan but I think it's time he lost the belt

Strowman is the issue. A big angry guy with two moves. Seen that guy 100 times before.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Nal wrote: »
    Strowman is the issue. A big angry guy with two moves. Seen that guy 100 times before.

As opposed to Reigns who is a big angry good guy with two, possibly three moves.

Loughc wrote: »
    As opposed to Reigns who is a big angry good guy with two, possibly three moves.

Terrible aswell yep.

Last nights PPV was about as good as an episode of WCW Thunder.

• Advertisement

Terrible aswell yep.

Last nights PPV was about as good as an episode of WCW Thunder.

I wouldn't go that far. Up until the last hour or so, I thought it was pretty good, especially for a "B" PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And yet is one of the most over guys on Raw

The result wasn't my issue with the match. It was just poorly laid out. Didn't have the intensity that it needed at all, and you could hear the crowd wilt when they realised what direction the match was going in.

Someone referenced the other day too....how many torches does Reigns need to be given before they realize that angle isn't going to work?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »

Someone referenced the other day too....how many torches does Reigns need to be given before they realize that angle isn't going to work?

Infinite. Vince seems so damn stuck on the Reigns Experiment to the detriment of the product. He will not stop until he is number one and crowned champ at WM.

Hes good in short bursts. A spot here and there but terrible in proper matches. The main event was 8 minutes long last night and it dragged which is all you need to know.
    how many torches does Reigns need to be given before they realize that angle isn't going to work?

Its not even going to work when he beats Lesnar clean at Mania. Vince needs a new Cena now hes off for a bit. Someone to do the corporate appearances, the charity stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This can't be said enough - never in the history of professional wrestling has a guy been pushed to the degree that Reigns has, despite pretty much every metric showing that he's not the guy.

Never. Not one guy has been pushed like this.

Vince pre-owning American wrestling would have even given up 2 years ago.

Let's look at what they've tried..

He's kept strong as fúck as the mysterious, kick-ass Samoan in the Shield.
    He gets to keep the cool music when they split AND continues to come to the ring through the fans.
    He sets the record for most eliminations in a single Rumble.
    He wins the Rumble the next year, while being endorsed by The Rock.
    He fights toe-to-toe with Lesnar, arguably the company's biggest attraction, in the WM main event, and only loses to an all-time great cash-in.
    He gets into a feud with HHH, the díck boss who becomes champion, with the díck wife. He beats him for the title, while giving Steph comeuppance (which nobody ever gets to do).
    He gets to take out Vince at one stage too.
    He beats Undertaker at Wrestlemania, in what is likely to be his last match.
    He beats Cena in a 'passing of the torch' match.

They have used every trick imaginable to give the guy credibility, and to give the fans a reason to get behind him.

It will never happen Vince. You blew it. Just move on. It's not going to happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have no clue what WWE are thinking.

The Reigns match was awful ****e.

Braun is also awful. Crowd did not care about him after first two minutes and he was in there with Brock.

The so called great heel got cheered, as he can't work a decent match to back up his great talking.

Good womens match, WWE do the mutli person bout very well. Glad to see bliss and contiue to defy odds. She is like a female Edge.

Great tag match and easily best match of the night with the four best regular performers featured.

Finn needing Bray to talk him into a match made Finn look terrible. Decent bout but this match summed up how WWE booked each guy badly.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Finn needing Bray to talk him into a match made Finn look terrible. Decent bout but this match summed up how WWE booked each guy badly.

Vince has tried that Wyatt character 4-5 times now. As far back as Skinner, Mideon etc. The only one who sort of worked was Gangrel.

Bray is a jobber. Therefore both looked sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think the problem with wwe and reigns is they see him as getting the cena reaction of boos from the adults and cheers from the kids but in reality cena was the most over guy in the company when they strapped the rocket to him and then he was forced down our throats and reactions changed.

Reigns has never been the most over guy in the company and never will be he was over huge in the shield but that was due to the three of them and they were used right

sky88 wrote: »
    i think the problem with wwe and reigns is they see him as getting the cena reaction of boos from the adults and cheers from the kids but in reality cena was the most over guy in the company when they strapped the rocket to him and then he was forced down our throats and reactions changed.

Reigns has never been the most over guy in the company and never will be he was over huge in the shield but that was due to the three of them and they were used right

He does big money for them though. Sells more merch than anyone in the company aside from Cena and he gets the biggest crowd reaction of anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Whenever a PPV has happened I'm always so glad I stopped staying up for them long ago considering how little people on here seem to enjoy them.

hqdefault.jpg

My favourite match graphic in some time. :pac:

Advertisement