Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mercy (Raw PPV) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Favorite comment from Reddit.

"Reigns has had so many torches handed to him, he could run his own white supremacist rally!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think they might have crossed a line with the finisher kickouts last night.

In the tag match, leaving aside heels/faces/whatever, that White Noise/Powerbomb double move should've ended the match 100%. The kickout wasn't a "Wow!" moment, it was more of a "Seriously?" Even the crowd seemed taken out of the moment briefly when Ambrose kicked out.

And Reigns, what was it? 3 or 4 normal AA's and a super AA. I mean come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Very simple solution to the Reigns problem -> give him the cruiserweight treatment. Don't boo him, go for nachos. Or file out of the arena if he's the main event. The push will be dead within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Nal wrote: »
    He does big money for them though. Sells more merch than anyone in the company aside from Cena and he gets the biggest crowd reaction of anyone.

The merch sales aren't really true though.

He doesn't blow the next best out of the water or anything (like Cena would have), and there is more of Roman's merch than anyone else.

Anecdotally I've heard many stories of there being hundreds of boxes of Reigns stuff at events, but if you ask for other wrestlers' stuff, there's barely anything in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not the crowd reaction they are looking for though. It's f*ck off heat. Last night was pathetic. Cena pretending on Raw Talk was a new low for him. I was turning the corner on Cena but that complete pack of lies he was saying showed me why I never liked him. A complete corporate yes man.

Sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Went to bed just before the womens match with the intention of watching the rest of the ppv today.

After reading the results i wont bother. Shocking booking. Not putting the title on strowman reeks of the time they didnt pull the trigger on ryback

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »
    Went to bed just before the womens match with the intention of watching the rest of the ppv today.

After reading the results i wont bother. Shocking booking. Not putting the title on strowman reeks of the time they didnt pull the trigger on ryback

Another angry big guy with 2 moves. Can't get a gig since he left WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think they might have crossed a line with the finisher kickouts last night.

In the tag match, leaving aside heels/faces/whatever, that White Noise/Powerbomb double move should've ended the match 100%.

Neither of those are finishers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will John Cena get the 'Leave the memories alone' treatment tonight on Raw ???

Can image Reigns being the last guy to come out and hug him

I loved it to be honest. The ending of the Brock/Strowman match was a bit out of nowhere and I'd have preferred to see Strowman get the win but I thought it was a great PPV. I loved the Cena/Reigns match but my match of the night was actually the womens match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

As if we didnt know already, but at least now we know anybody pointing to the WM sign from Raw after the rumble wont be in the main event, ha

I loved it to be honest. The ending of the Brock/Strowman match was a bit out of nowhere but I thought it was a great PPV. I loved the Cena/Reigns match but my match of the night was actually the womens match.

Hello Vince, :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hello Vince, :)

Pffft Vince wouldnt have rated the women's match so highly.

Plus he would have mentioned Reigns way more.

Loughc wrote: »
    Pffft Vince wouldnt have rated the women's match so highly.

Plus he would have mentioned Reigns way more.

I know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

That's Cena gone until Royal Rumble where he will enter as a 'suprise' entrant ~ question is will he be a raw or smackdown participant

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just watched this over the last few hours.

Miz v Jordan was a good opener.

The tag team match was class. Poor Cesaro though! The image of him turning to face Sheamus and pointing at his mouth will stay with me!

The women's match was also very well done.

Everything that I could say about Cena/Reigns has already been said. Just stupid, utterly stupid.
    Neville losing like that made no sense. He was the heel in that match. Weird story-telling.

I didn't have a problem with Brock winning. It was a similar kind of story to the last Goldberg match though, not much new.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still laughing at Cole "This is the biggest moment in Reigns's career". You would think beating Taker at WM and retiring him in the same night

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a decent show overall. The tag match was very good and I feel for Cesaro losing his teeth like that.

The Miz's wrestling was so bad in his match and this is why I don't get why people want him to be elevated higher than he is.

I liked that Brock won but I think they should have protected Strowman better. Let him kick out of one or two F-5s.

Cena giving Reigns the treatment that Rock gave Cena was too phony. At least the feud with Rock had gone on a long time whereas this was only a few weeks of a feud. I couldn't buy into that at all.

I thought Finn got a good match out of Bray. Alexa winning was the right call (Bayley is so dead as a character now it's extraordinary).

Enzo winning the title feels like it will hurt the Cruiserweight division unless he's going to lose it back immediately at 205 Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I used to watch Wwe/wrestling on a weekly basis up until 2007 , since 2007 I only look at video clips on youtube now & again, I honestly don,t get why they keep pushing Roman Reigns despite people booing him, years ago if a fellow was getting a push if Vince saw it wasn,t working out he always knew when to pull the plug on it.

In the early 1990s after Hulk Hogan left they tried to push Lex Luger as the next big thing it didn,t work out Vince pulled the plug on his push, they tried to push Kevin Nash Aka Diesel for a year when they gave him the title his push didn,t quite work out Vince pulled the plug on his push, in 2004 they turned Randy Orton face & tried to push him as best as they could Ortons push didn,t quite work out Vince pulled the plug on  Ortons push & he turned heel after a few months, however with Roman Reigns they booked him in a match with Triple H, booked him to beat the undertaker & lately booked him to beat John Cena, despite different things they have done over the last few years he,s not getting over with the audience & yet they don,t pull the plug on his push, I just don,t get it .

I liked that Brock won but I think they should have protected Strowman better. Let him kick out of one or two F-5s.

Finished him like a mid carder who just got lucky early in the match. Months of pushing Strowman undone. He looked terrible and theres no reason for a rematch. Not that anyone would want one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Nal wrote: »
    Finished him like a mid carder who just got lucky early in the match. Months of pushing Strowman undone. He looked terrible and theres no reason for a rematch. Not that anyone would want one anyway.

But man think of how good the pay off is going to be when Reigns kicks out of 10 F-5 and conquers Brock Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think they might have crossed a line with the finisher kickouts last night...

They crossed the line with that a long time ago to be honest. I think once AJ kicked out of an avalanche AA after having already kicked out of a normal one that was me done with those type of finishes.

Laziest way imaginable to build drama and they use it in spades.

They crossed the line with that a long time ago to be honest. I think once AJ kicked out of an avalanche AA after having already kicked out of a normal one that was me done with those type of finishes.

Laziest way imaginable to build drama and they use it in spades.

Best way to put someone over with a kick out is having some sort of interference and then having them kick out. Like HBK superkicking Taker in the HHH Mania match. Or The Rock kicking out of Stunners with Vince and Austin ganging up on him.

The AA must be the most kicked out of move ever by a top guy though. Its a sh1t move too.

I think when Cena lifted Alberto del Rio off the matt while in Del Rio's arm bar submission hold a few years ago had me done, He then done it to Rusev shortly after to, finishers are pointless now in my opinion, the fact that i nearly expect a kick out then a pin now says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That show was so disappointing, even though the undercard delivered. I had high hopes given the decent build and decent Raw's the last few weeks but the big matches were really underwhelming. That tag title match was amazing, loved the call back to the SummerSlam match. Cesaro is a beast, continuing to work the match after having those teeth knocked out was top class. The tag divisions on both brands in WWE this year have been amazing.

I actually thought the Jordan/Miz match was decent. The Miz getting cheered while Jordan was putting in a valiant babyface effort really didn't help things. They've really made a mess of Jordan. The best thing now would be to send him back to SmackDown and forget this Kurt Angle storyline ever happened. Going by that awful promo after the match, I'd guess we'll be getting a Jordan heel turn?

The women's match was pretty good, for a 5 way. Nia did a great job taking bumps in the match. Somehow, they continue to find new ways to make Bayley look like even more of a loser everytime she appears. It'll be interesting to see if they have Asuka challenge for the title straight away, and also how they handle her undefeated streak.

Bálor/Wyatt was fine I guess. I don't watch anything to do with Wyatt on Raw so I didn't care anyway. Bálor did a lot better with him than Orton managed anyway. I wonder what they have planned for Bálor next, they've been keeping him very strong in the booking since he returned without putting him in any major storylines.

I hated Enzo beating Neville. I think Neville has been the best wrestler in WWE this year and then the have him drop the title to this geek. Hopefully he wins it back quick like with Tozawa. Also, I hated Enzo's appearance on RawTalk. He went on complaining about how ugly the title is and continuing to make hideous remarks about Neville's appearance which nobody called him out on.

Reigns/Cena was so dull. The first few minutes of Reigns throwing a few slow punches and then a ridiculous looking closing stretch. Reigns has failed in his two big moments this year with Undertaker and Cena. I was hoping this would be a big match workrate Cena performance, but this was more like his effort against Corbin than against Styles.

The main event was so disappointing. It started out alright with Strowman throwing Lesnar around, but then just turned into another boring generic Lesnar match, with minimal effort given. All that build for Strowman over months only to beaten by a few suplexes and one F5.

It looks like Lesnar will continue to hold the belt until his inevitable rematch with Reigns at 'mania so. I wish they'd have had Reigns just win that match at 'mania 31 instead of having to with three years for the rematch, with the awful 'mania main events for Reigns in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Combine that with the low blow and surely they're turning him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

According to this...

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/cesaro-visiting-dental-surgeon-expected-back-week-243441

Cesaro didn't have his teeth knocked out. Instead, the impact drove them up through his gums.

Gross.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh man, that sounds even worse :S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh wow, that sounds frigging horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet Seth is glad the injury came by way Ambrose and not him or the whole Rollins doesn't protect his opponents stuff would start again.

Advertisement