Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People leaving full time work

Options
  • 30-08-2017 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi is it me are more people leaving full time jobs to just do 20 hours a week only
    So they can get more benefits .,
    Surely the government needs to stop this in some way as these people are not contributing to society i.e. If they get rent allowance etc.. they won't earn enough to pay tax .. the they get upwards of 700 800 amonth towards rent
    I know two girls that left full time jobs in Aldi ,which pays well but that ment they have to pay for everything i.e. Medical etc..
    Is gone crazy in this country people are living in this society that has to give them everything for nothing ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Is this just a Louth phenomenon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Will.i.am.not

event wrote: »
    Is this just a Louth phenomenon

No it's all over I'd say.. just did t know how to post this all over Ireland I work 50 hours a week sometimes and I say everyday going to work am I they fool here..
    I see it's been done by Irish and Easterneuropeans also
    Surely the state can't keep this up , its defo a welfare state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi again,

It's all classes of people and all over the country. I know many more who reduced their working hours because they can afford to and want a better quality of life, nothing to do with welfare.

You do what's best for you and your family. If the system is set up in such a way as to encourage reduced working hours and you're unhappy with that then change the system. Sour grapes won't change anything.

And why is this in the Louth forum???

And to answer your initial question. Yes, it's only you.

Plus, you can't just give up employment and claim benefits.

Hi again,

It's all classes of people and all over the country. I know many more who reduced their working hours because they can afford to and want a better quality of life, nothing to do with welfare.

You do what's best for you and your family. If the system is set up in such a way as to encourage reduced working hours and you're unhappy with that then change the system. Sour grapes won't change anything.

And why is this in the Louth forum???

And to answer your initial question. Yes, it's only you.

Plus, you can't just give up employment and claim benefits.

Well it doesn't suprice me I got an Anwser like that ..because you can see past your hand ..
    So the people how work hard that pay morgages that pay there taxes should comfort someone else's life style by stiiing at home watching Jeremy Kyle
    And getting there rent paid for them on top of the other benifits is ok ..
    you are very nieve to think is all about a quality of like my friend I would like one too but .. it's my job to provide for my family and try to have some sort of life and I contribute to
    Everyone else's including yours I'd say ?

Well it doesn't suprice me I got an Anwser like that ..because you can see past your hand ..
    So the people how work hard that pay morgages that pay there taxes should comfort someone else's life style by stiiing at home watching Jeremy Kyle
    you are very nieve to think is all about a quality of like my friend I would like one too but .. it's my job to provide for my family and try to have some sort of life and I contribute to

Sorry just seen your name it says it all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Yes it is just you.

I'm guessing you put this in the Louth forum as you knew that you would be ridiculed if you put your ridiculous post in a busier main forum.

I'll give you a small tip:

When you decide to make a post in which you're making a claim on some fact you should provide evidence to back it up. Not just 'my friend said this or that'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ooooh, a bit touchy are we???

Your post comes across as very bitter and jealous. Begrudging others isn't very healthy ;) Tell me this, are you educated? Maybe you could start working on your own personal development before taking out your anger on others.

Jelly because you have to work more than others, that's fairly childish Sonny Jim :)

Oh look, a troll. Guess you forgot to log into your main account... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

aldi staff are on 25 hour contracts. If its a case that theyre getting 20 hours 1 week and 30 the next maybe they just want some fluency. Personally I think its wrong to consider someone full time with min hours less then 35.

Yes it is just you.

I'm guessing you put this in the Louth forum as you knew that you would be ridiculed if you put your ridiculous post in a busier main forum.

I'll give you a small tip:

When you decide to make a post in which you're making a claim on some fact you should provide evidence to back it up. Not just 'my friend said this or that'.

lol I work in an area that involves the public you clown ..
    I see it ever day ..
    That fact enough for me ..
    In regard to the Louth forum I am new to
    Boards so it was an error on my
    Part..🙈🙉
    As to your other answer my provide evidence nobody on here provides evidence our proof ..
    Of anything they blog ,I asked a question
    And got a reply from a complete knob That's sitting at home replying to this ..
    because he is one of the ones screwing the system ..it's obvious it's touched a nerve with lol you just sit back In your big armchair that the states paying for
    Along with your sky subscription .
    While I sit behind my desk ..
    watching the clock till it's time to go home..
    By by work to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I see it ever day ..
    Part..����
    As to your other answer my provide evidence nobody on here provides evidence our proof ..
    because he is one of the ones screwing the system ..it's obvious it's touched a nerve with lol you just sit back In your big armchair that the states paying for
    By by work to do..

Good man. Is it not **** like you doing nothing in work that are the problem for a lot of businesses?

Evidence involves providing statistics.

But I realize that anything beyond 2+2 would be too tough for your little brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

jacksie66 wrote: »
    If someone wants to work less hours then so be it. Maybe some people can afford to work less. Maybe they aren't up to their eyeballs in debt. Money isn't everything to some people.

If they're claiming a Jobseeker's payment then they should be fit for work, available for work and looking for work - otherwise they're defrauding the system. And that applies whether they're in Louth, in Kerry or in the back of beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I see it ever day ..
    Part..����
    By by work to do..

You joined Boards to post this sort of gibberish?

And you are giving out about knobs sitting at home etc...

Pots, kettles etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What the hell are you on about? That makes even less sense than the post preceding it.
    Says what????
    And what do you mean by 'see past' my hand?

I'm now retired. Took early retirement after 35 years of slog, so I could enjoy my life. You have a problem, that's quite clear, but don't take it out on people you know diddly squat about.

Edit. And I can assure you that your hard earned salary has never contributed one cent to my life style. Indeed I suspect I contribute more to yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I see it ever day ..
    Part..����
    By by work to do..

You work a desk job dealing with the public, with your spelling, grammar and general attitude, I pity your clients and colleagues. That's if you actually have a job, i'm inclined to think that you don't ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not a Louth issue, among other things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement