Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does coffee or tea help with lose weight?

• 31-08-2017 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Which is more suitable for lose weight? I think I am a little fat(176cm 80kg), so I do exercise every day now. And I also looking for something helpful on drink diet. Coffer or tea?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't think so to be honest. What will dictate weight loss is your diet, if that is good and you are burning more calories than you are consuming you will lose weight. Exercise can help with this but the diet is most important.

I don't think drinking coffee or tea will make much difference either way.

You may get better advice over on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Sharetea wrote: »
    Which is more suitable for lose weight? I think I am a little fat(176cm 80kg), so I do exercise every day now. And I also looking for something helpful on drink diet. Coffer or tea?

No, eating less and excercising more will help you lose weight.

Coffee is an appetite suppressant though so MAY help you to not have that 11 o'clock bar of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

If you normally have a coffee with double cream, hazlenut syrup and ten sugars, switching to black coffee will definitely be of benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you normally have a coffee with double cream, hazlenut syrup and ten sugars, switching to black coffee will definitely be of benefit.

Haha forgot about that. I drink espresso and black coffee 90% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,716 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Or, if you currently drink fruit juice or sweetened soft drinks for refreshment, a switch to unsweetened coffee or tea may help reduce your calorie intake.

To answer the OP, unsweetened black coffee and unsweetened black tea both have negligible calorie content, so drink whichever one you prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

They can help you lose weight as an alternative to soft drinks. Just go easy on the milk , sugar and biscuits.

Caffeine before exercise can help you exercise harder too.

You might try herbal teas like camomile that can be good for digestion and make you feel less bloated.

Steer clear of diet soft drinks. They might not contain calories but they couldn't be good for you. As a wise man once tweeted "I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:Sharetea, this forum is about the enjoyment of coffee and tea. Your question is better suited to the Nutrition & Diet forum so feel free to start a discussion there. I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement