Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online BOI!

• 31-08-2017 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I wanted to ask. If i didnt activated my 365 online banking ( but i have credit card) will i be able to get salaries to my bank account? Thank!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You'll need a bank account to receive your salary, forget about the credit card. Activating the 35online userid won't make any difference, a lot of people don't use the internet or have smartphones so it's not absolutely required to have a 365online userid and to activate it in order for your employer to pay you via your bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

You'll just need your bank account's BIC and IBAN to provide to your employer to set up direct deposit. This will need to be an actual bank account, though; if you only have a credit card and no current or savings account, you cannot receive direct deposits.

365online is just the online tool to manage your bank account, and it is optional. I'd advise setting it up, though, as it is by far the easiest way for you to manage your account, set up standing orders, do your own SEPA transfers, and keep track of your transactions, and BoI, like most banks, are moving away from teller service for personal customers, so eventually there's a fair chance it will be the only way to do such things without having to pay significant extra fees or jump through a lot of administrative hoops.

Advertisement