Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey or FF15

Options
  • 31-08-2017 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Completing different games I know but I purchase maximum one game per month and I am tore between FF15 and Prey. Have played all (non-online) Final Fantasys but 13 and its linear progression and annoying characters, seriously turned me off the franchise. They seem to have made it a bit more open this time and graphics wise it looks great and actual fun.

Prey (big fan of the Bioshock series) looks dark, creepy and interesting. Looks like a large game too.

Actually leaning towards Prey but Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy.

Thoughts welcome !!

Which game to buy this month 10 votes

Prey
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 15
    100% 10 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forget Final Fantasy. There's better JRPGs. Namely Persona 5 which a far better game than any of the Final Fantasy series.

Get FF15 i'd say. Very enjoyable game. By the time you finish it you'll be able to pick up Prey for about a fiver the way its been dropping in price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I would also say get FF15, I enjoyed it for what it was although a lot of people seemed too hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Forget Final Fantasy. There's better JRPGs. Namely Persona 5 which a far better game than any of the Final Fantasy series except for Final Fantasy 7, which is the best RPG of all time.

Agree with Retro, Final Fantasy 7 is the best rpg of all time. I never played Prey but FF15 was a load of shyte, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I am not a fan of JRPG's so my POV will be biased towards Prey which I really liked and spent about 40 hours in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

FF15.
    Prey looks like a linear, scrambling for items run of the mill shooter.
    Final Fantasy has some big flaws but was enjoyable.

Seems to be the hardcore FF fans didn't like it but newcomers and people that haven't followed the series all the way through enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Agree with Retro, Final Fantasy 7 is the best rpg of all time. I never played Prey but FF15 was a load of shyte, imo.

Eh, FFVII is alright but it ain't the best when Persona exists.

But if the OP is looking for a game like the original FF games, Persona is closer to them than FF15, and it's also way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The OP asked though for FFXV or Prey, not Persona 5 (which is a PS4 exclusive, I believe, the OP may have an Xbox One!)

I've not played Prey, and I've only played about 8 chapters of FFXV. It's a slow enough game, and it doesn't feel like you have a lot of control when fighting, but there's a massive amount of content. If I had to choose now, I'd probably go for Prey as it's quite cheap, very positive reviews, and FFXV will no doubt get a GotY release with all the DLC.

chrislad wrote: »
    The OP asked though for FFXV or Prey, not Persona 5 (which is a PS4 exclusive, I believe, the OP may have an Xbox One!)

I've not played Prey, and I've only played about 8 chapters of FFXV. It's a slow enough game, and it doesn't feel like you have a lot of control when fighting, but there's a massive amount of content. If I had to choose now, I'd probably go for Prey as it's quite cheap, very positive reviews, and FFXV will no doubt get a GotY release with all the DLC.

Yeah but Persona 5 is that good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah but Persona 5 is that good :P
    There's always one.
    'Should I get pasta or lasagne?'
    'Get ice cream!' :D

• Advertisement

I'm not wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

A game a month.

Holy $hit.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DeiseViking

@Taylor365 well maybe not every single month. haha but probbaly get 7 - 8 a year roughly.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm going to get Prey, simply because it has gone down to 40 in Cex and it looks the more original of the two and the story is mean to be very good. I watched the FF15 movie over the weekend, think that is what made up my mind... it was rubbish. I will have to try FF15 at some stage though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DeiseViking

Any chance you live near a Smyths, Deiseviking?

Thank you, you just saved me 20 euro!!! :)

Thank you, you just saved me 20 euro!!! :)

No bother, let me know if it's any use. It's been on the wishlist for a while but I can't be adding to the backlog :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

can't be adding to the backlog :)

Wish I had this mentality.

Advertisement