Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welger 220 profi controller problem

Options
  • 31-08-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The controller wouldnt operate the valve chest properly all of a sudden. First I couldn't change the baler from manual tying to automatic and then The drop floor and the pick up we're moving together at the same time. The hand held controller wouldn't switch over between the two. Then the screen of the monitor went blank. It is still lit up but the writing goes. Sometimes the writing appears for a period of time or flashes but it goes again. There is a lot of clicking going on around the solenoid's also. It is a baller controller iii. The blue and pink one.

Would be great full if someone could help me out..!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 zfml

Open the handset and check the wiring.
    The blackbox on the baler is all sealed, you can't do anything with it.

Been through all this just a few months ago. Loads of clicking with the blackbox.
    Turned out to be the handset. Opened it up and checked connections. There were weak soldered joints connecting the LCD in the handset.
    When I moved the PCB the screen went on and off.
    Checked with a multimeter and used a solder iron to make some of the joints good again.

David King in England fixes these. Cost between £150-300 to get fixed.

See: http://www.forum4farming.com/forum/index.php?threads/welger-balercontrol-iii.14945/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Elynch

Cheers lad...did a bit of wiggling around with the connections on the handset and it cured it..! Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Elynch

I only recently bought the baler... do they give much trouble and is there anything that I should be aware of..?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 zfml

Think you should open the handset. The wires are just pressed into terminal crimps. A small flat screwdriver can be used to push the wires to be a better contact. Don't really want to be messing with electrics while baling.
    We had to make a foam cushion for the handset in the cab. It doesn't like getting knocks. Treat it carefully.

The bearing on the baler door on the top (behind the large sprocket). Check it asap. The grease line going to it gets pinched/mashed. Note, it is the grease fitting of the roller behind the large sprocket. (Not the grease fitting of the hinge). There is no way to get a grease gun in. It must have a grease line to it. Had a near miss when the rear door nearly came off! Wasn't getting grease for a long time.
    In fact, take all panels off, and check every roller bearing is getting grease.
    (The small grease lines in the 220 profi are a PITA. Trying to get proper olives etc.)

Check pick-up reel and all tine bars. Check for wrapping of grass at the ends of the pick-up reel. Check main bearings both sides.
    Apart from that, its all good.

We put large wheels off a slurry tanker on it. Made some job of it.

Advertisement