Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthew's coaches experience Drogheda-Dublin

Options
  • 31-08-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

I'll work in Leeson street area in Dublin and trying to decide whether to travel by train or by coach. Are Matthew's coaches reliable? Would they be late reaching Drogheda from Dundalk or any potential delays start inDublin? Is here anyone travelling daily who could give some opinion? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

uli84 wrote: »
    I'll work in Leeson street area in Dublin and trying to decide whether to travel by train or by coach. Are Matthew's coaches reliable? Would they be late reaching Drogheda from Dundalk or any potential delays start inDublin? Is here anyone travelling daily who could give some opinion? Thanks!!

Hi uli,
    Don't work in town but I would be there for work occasionally. Never had a bad experience with Matthews coaches and find them very reliable. Tried the train few times but bus seemed handier. I guess it also depends where you live.
    ( Remember you were looking to buy in my estate years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Agent Mug

I dont think Matthew's coaches goes as far as Leeson street (could be wrong) if so bus eireann 101x or 100x goes by leeson street.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

There is a Matthews bus which stops at Leeson Street.

http://www.matthews.ie/admin/image/timetable_pdf/15004584964b735e4.pdf

I'm not sure if this timetable is all year round or just when UCD is in semester.

I get the 100x from the Bus Depot in the mornings. At 7am and 8am they run buses which don't stop at the airport, just straight down the motorway and through the port tunnel. This saves a good bit of time(Usually gets to the quay in around 40 minutes).The last stop for the 100x is Wilton Terrace which is handy for getting to Leeson street.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

The UCD bus is only during term time.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

There is a Matthews bus which stops at Leeson Street.

http://www.matthews.ie/admin/image/timetable_pdf/15004584964b735e4.pdf

I'm not sure if this timetable is all year round or just when UCD is in semester.

I get the 100x from the Bus Depot in the mornings. At 7am and 8am they run buses which don't stop at the airport, just straight down the motorway and through the port tunnel. This saves a good bit of time(Usually gets to the quay in around 40 minutes).The last stop for the 100x is Wilton Terrace which is handy for getting to Leeson street.

Does the 100X go to Busaras, it doesn't mention it on the timetable, but I thought all provincial buses did?

Need to get Red Line to Heuston & have never done it before!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

The 100x doesn't go to Busáras, but it does stop just around the corner at the Custom House.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

no bus showed up at 7 or 7.30am this morning at the thatch, maybe had the bus filled before it got there, urgh

Advertisement