Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky Heading no Longer Sticky

Options
  • 31-08-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Currently using the legacy site, heading is set to sticky and it used to work but it stopped being sticky recently on Chromium based browsers.

It's working fine on Edge, IE and Firefox.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

This is an issue we're aware of, but we're trying to get a list of common factors.

Can you let me know what type of device you're using (laptop / desktop - and is it touchscreen?), and what OS you're using?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've an ongoing issue with this too (you're already aware Mark, I've a separate thread on it). Very intermittently, upon a fresh boot, it'll work fine for me though. The second I navigate away to a different site though, & come back to Boards, it'll be broken again. Also if I log out of Boards, it'll work perfectly, & upon login, it'll gone again (I can replicate this on demand). It happens for me on Firefox too though, not just Chrome.

Have tried disabling and uninstalling addons, makes no odds. I wonder is it cookie based, given it works perfectly once logged out?

Boards.ie Employee

Inviere wrote: »
    I've an ongoing issue with this too (you're already aware Mark, I've a separate thread on it). Very intermittently, upon a fresh boot, it'll work fine for me though. The second I navigate away to a different site though, & come back to Boards, it'll be broken again. Also if I log out of Boards, it'll work perfectly, & upon login, it'll gone again (I can replicate this on demand). It happens for me on Firefox too though, not just Chrome.

Have tried disabling and uninstalling addons, makes no odds. I wonder is it cookie based, given it works perfectly once logged out?

I'm going to have to test on my touchscreen laptop. That's a strange one.

I'm going to have to test on my touchscreen laptop. That's a strange one.

Just fyi, it's all happening on a desktop pc, non touchscreen (W10)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Desktop PC, windows 10 x64 build 15063.540, non-touchscreen. Resolution: 1920x1080

Browser: Vivaldi 1.11.917.43 (Stable channel) (32-bit)

This is happening in any blink engine browser such as Vivaldi and Chrome. I'm not sure when it exactly it stopped working but it was within the last week or so. The last update to my browser was on the 14th of August which is roughly the timeframe when this started.

If it's any help the divs "nav-area", "header" and "breadcrumb" aren't having the "position:fixed" style applied to them, it's instead using "position:relative".

For example, this is what header looks like for me (the others look similar):

3C5D6JI.png

• Advertisement

Chrome updated last night, the sticky header has been working ever since!

Boards.ie Employee

Inviere wrote: »
    Chrome updated last night, the sticky header has been working ever since!

Hopefully that sorts it! Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Stickiness has been restored here also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement