Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Cycling GPS Navigation app recommendations?

Options
  • 31-08-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any cycling centric GPS apps with turn by turn navigation?
    Ideally I'd like something where you can create your route on your PC and export it as a .gpx file or similar and could get a voice prompt when turns are upcoming such as when using google maps for directions.

Currently I'm using strava but stopping every so often to check I'm still on the correct route when on unfamiliar roads isn't ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭df

OsmAnd is brilliant. Create your route on Strava and then download it to your phone and import it in OsmAnd, it voice prompts and works offline once you have download the (very detailed) maps in advance.

Advertisement