Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Email

Options
  • 31-08-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

Is there a problem with Eir Email addresses?  Its states I cannot access my emails as my connection is not private.  I have tried to connect via laptop and mobile.  

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liongard82

This is what I am getting - webmail.eir.ie normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to webmail.eir.ie this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be webmail.eir.ie, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
    You cannot visit webmail.eir.ie right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Liongard82 wrote: »
    Hi

Is there a problem with Eir Email addresses?  Its states I cannot access my emails as my connection is not private.  I have tried to connect via laptop and mobile.  

Thanks
    I've noticed today that from my email list, all @eircom.net ones have bounced back. There has been something up with eircom email at times throughout August with accounts being denied access from the likes of Outlook 2016/3/0 etc... for no reason, however - a password change on the website seemed to sort that issue out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hi

Thanks
    I've noticed today that from my email list, all @eircom.net ones have bounced back. There has been something up with eircom email at times throughout August with accounts being denied access from the likes of Outlook 2016/3/0 etc... for no reason, however - a password change on the website seemed to sort that issue out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I have had problems accessing my @eircom email through Windows Mail for about a week now.  Error displayed says the site security certificate is not valid.  I can still access through their own webmail portal.

I was on to their technical chat service earlier this morning and they know they have issues and are working on it.  I was told to 'wait between 24-48 hrs, with 24 being the maximum'  - whatever that is supposed to mean.

Bottom line, the problem is at their end and they have to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Ger Roe wrote: »
    I have had problems accessing my @eircom email through Windows Mail for about a week now.  Error displayed says the site security certificate is not valid.  I can still access through their own webmail portal.

I was on to their technical chat service earlier this morning and they know they have issues and are working on it.  I was told to 'wait between 24-48 hrs, with 24 being the maximum'  - whatever that is supposed to mean.

Bottom line, the problem is at their end and they have to sort it.
    Hi there,

I sincerely apologise for the issues that we're currently experiencing with this service. However, I can assure you that this is being looked into and we are trying to get t fixed ASAP.

- Adam

• Advertisement

This is what I am getting - webmail.eir.ie normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to webmail.eir.ie this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be webmail.eir.ie, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
    You cannot visit webmail.eir.ie right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.
    Hi Liongard82,

We are aware of this issue and it is currently being looked into. I completely understand how inconvenient this may be and I sincerely apologise for this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Hi Adam,

The problem is still ongoing, yet the eir webmail logon page has no mention of the current difficulties.  It does however have  a prominent link to info about an issue that effected the service on 26/11/2016.    https://www.eir.ie/email

It took me quite an effort with lots of head scratching and web surfing to get to a point where I at least had confirmation that the problem was not with my setup - could you not put up a notice on your web page to inform people that you have an issue?

Regards,

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Hi Adam,

The problem is still ongoing, yet the eir webmail logon page has no mention of the current difficulties.  It does however have  a prominent link to info about an issue that effected the service on 26/11/2016.    https://www.eir.ie/email

It took me quite an effort with lots of head scratching and web surfing to get to a point where I at least had confirmation that the problem was not with my setup - could you not put up a notice on your web page to inform people that you have an issue?

Regards,
    Hi Ger,

We have been made aware that this issue has been fixed. If you are still experiencing problems with your email account, you would need to get back in touch with our technical support team and they will be able to look into it further for you.

If you give them a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 you will be able to speak with them over the phone. You would need to be an eir landline/broadband customer to get through to them on the phone. If you're not availing of these services with us, you can contact them on our online chat service or send an email to wmsupport@eir.ie and a member of our online support team will be able to assist you further.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pilot error

Hi this problem has NOT been fixed so why say it is? eir in their wisdom decided to change their server from eircom.net to eir.ie and thought it best not to say anything to ALL customers, leaving it up to us to find out that we can no longer send or receive e-mails. We are then informed through our email client software that our user names and passwords were rejected and that the server could not determine the correct settings.

And you're probably going to tell me to send an e mail to your technical department, well I cant lol

So after I called them yesterday they are looking into it... but is certainly NOT fixed..

Hi this problem has NOT been fixed so why say it is? eir in their wisdom decided to change their server from eircom.net to eir.ie and thought it best not to say anything to ALL customers, leaving it up to us to find out that we can no longer send or receive e-mails. We are then informed through our email client software that our user names and passwords were rejected and that the server could not determine the correct settings.

And you're probably going to tell me to send an e mail to your technical department, well I cant lol

So after I called them yesterday they are looking into it... but is certainly NOT fixed..
    Hi pilot error,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this service. The most recent update that we received about this was that the issue was fixed. If our technical support team are looking into this issue for you they should get this resolved in a timely manner. 

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pilot error

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi pilot error,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this service. The most recent update that we received about this was that the issue was fixed. If our technical support team are looking into this issue for you they should get this resolved in a timely manner. 

- Adam
    Hey Adam, well I was on to eir support they are looking into it two days now, no joy, it is not working across all devices and all email clients.. 

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I'm using POP email and it's up and down like a yoyo. Was working earlier in the night for a while and now timeouts again!  It's being going on for days. I really wish eir could be proactive in their communications on this issue rather than keeping their heads down and saying nothing until complaints mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Hi, my email, @eircom.net is not working, i cannot access through either Outlook, Eir webmail or on my phone. 
    I am [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]getting error message, username or password not recognised. Well I have been using same name and password since the 1990's and never changed them lol.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Also your Eir chat is not responding. Please help as this is a business email and I cant afford to be without it.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]thanks[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I'm using POP email and it's up and down like a yoyo. Was working earlier in the night for a while and now timeouts again!  It's being going on for days. I really wish eir could be proactive in their communications on this issue rather than keeping their heads down and saying nothing until complaints mount.
    I've been experiencing the same thing for several days now. Now it's OK, now it's broken again - ad nauseam. "Failed to log in to server webmail.eircom.net". Visiting friends last night and they have had the same problem on and off at various times a day over the same period. I checked the settings with those on the website and they're exactly as shown.

Incoming: webmail.eircom.net

outgoing: mail1.eircom.net

ports incoming: 110

SMTPports outgoing:25

Please make sure SSL/authenication ticket is not ticked/chosen.

So far, today, it's back working so fingers crossed.

I contacted Eir and they told me to reset my password so I made a new one and seems to be working perfect since then. Sending and receiving ok but I lost a days emails and cant retieve them. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

WexIan wrote: »
    I contacted Eir and they told me to reset my password so I made a new one and seems to be working perfect since then. Sending and receiving ok but I lost a days emails and cant retieve them. 
    Hi there WexIan

Thank you for letting us know.  Glad to hear you got everything sorted.  I would suggest contacting Technical Support team on 1890 260 260 and see if this is possible to receive emails you didn't receive due to this.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

The intermittent email failures continue. Today it has started at 16.02, "Failed to log into POP3 server" and is still off at 16.28.

Edit: Back on again at 16.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

It's still intermittent. Some days good but very bad this morning.
    Always the same error at my end:

Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

It's still intermittent. Some days good but very bad this morning.
    Always the same error at my end:

Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll assist you there. 

Thanks

Tracey 

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there WexIan

Thank you for letting us know.  Glad to hear you got everything sorted.  I would suggest contacting Technical Support team on 1890 260 260 and see if this is possible to receive emails you didn't receive due to this.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Your email server is down again for a second day in a row. Not a good way to be trying to run a business with no emails.
    Thanks,
    WexIan

• Advertisement

Hi there WexIan

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Your email server is down again for a second day in a row. Not a good way to be trying to run a business with no emails.
    Thanks,
    WexIan
    Hi Kyle, as I am not a current Eir phone customer I am unable to contact Technical Support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi there WexIan

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Thanks,
    WexIan
    Hi Kyle, as I am not a current Eir phone customer I am unable to contact Technical Support.
    If its an email address thats used for business then all I can do is LOL. 

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Hi there WexIan

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Thanks,
    WexIan
    Using a free email service for a business is probably not a good idea.

Advertisement