Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to monitor data usage

Options
  • 31-08-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I have been stuck on hold with eircom for ages, after the chat guy told me to call a number, but dear god I haven't the patience after 10 mins and there is only so much Eine kleine nachtmusik that a body can put up with.
    I have a Huawei B315 brand new contract with eir. there isn't a little screen on it to see how much data I've used.
    what I rang Eir for was to find out how to monitor my usage.
    I am assuming there is a spot on their website where I can log in to my account and check.
    Is it my Eir? or is there somewhere else I have to log on to?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    HI,
    I have been stuck on hold with eircom for ages, after the chat guy told me to call a number, but dear god I haven't the patience after 10 mins and there is only so much Eine kleine nachtmusik that a body can put up with.
    I have a Huawei B315 brand new contract with eir. there isn't a little screen on it to see how much data I've used.
    what I rang Eir for was to find out how to monitor my usage.
    I am assuming there is a spot on their website where I can log in to my account and check.
    Is it my Eir? or is there somewhere else I have to log on to?
    Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

There's a great app call My Data Manager which will help you track your data.

If data use is an issue for you you can't rely on operator messages or logging into their site to warn you when you're nearly out and prevent an overrun. You phone should have data tracking in it somewhere with the ability to set limits, but I've found the above app is generally more accurate and gives you a handy projection of usage in a month and lets you see how much you've got remaining for each day until the plan renews.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BeardySi wrote: »
    There's a great app call My Data Manager which will help you track your data.

If data use is an issue for you you can't rely on operator messages or logging into their site to warn you when you're nearly out and prevent an overrun. You phone should have data tracking in it somewhere with the ability to set limits, but I've found the above app is generally more accurate and gives you a handy projection of usage in a month and lets you see how much you've got remaining for each day until the plan renews.

My Data Manager is an app for android. The OP has bought a router.

If you navigate to the management interface for the router in a browser (it should be 192.168.8.1) there should be a section in there for data usage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

My Data Manager is an app for android. The OP has bought a router.

If you navigate to the management interface for the router in a browser (it should be 192.168.8.1) there should be a section in there for data usage

Whoops, missed that bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I let this thread lapse, returned to it this morning.
    I have the 250G so the house doesn't go over the limit.
    But I had some time and was curious to see how much data we used in the house.
    Spent half an hour on chat with someone somewhere who couldn't understand what I wanted and kept asking for confirmation of who and what and another half hour on the phone which a really nice guy who couldn't get the information. He did try his best, but he was fibre support and I am myfi and that support team doesn't work weekends. (neither do I, but I am not in a support role)
    Anyway, I am wondering if there is anyone else who has the Eir mobile broadband in their house and if they can see their data usage somewhere on MyEir.
    If they can, would they let me know how to do it?
    I can see my previous bills fine, but because I am within my data allowance, it just says zero on the bill.
    it also shows the usage to date when I look at the current bill, but that is 'now' and I need 'then'.
    I can't remember the password on the router website, it doesn't have an option to reset password and I'm afraid to reset the router itself in case I lose the broadband altogether.
    Thanks for reading

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Try username admin password admin, also check the router their may be a sticker on it with the login details. If that fails and the router was supplied by Eir then just reset it, it will go back to its default settings to connect to Eir probably only the password will change.

The problem you will have is that you'll also reset the stats so your usage will read as virtually zero.

When you get this working you have to remember to zero the usage each month otherwise the router will just keep on counting from the last time is was zeroed.

You could always try making a compliant to Eir (google how to) and follow up with Comreg if necessary, your ISP should be providing you with a method of budgeting hence provide a method of monitoring your usage.

Advertisement