Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared driveway, mutual easement...issues?

Options
  • 31-08-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

My solicitor has gone away for 2 weeks and forwarded me an email from vendor(receivers) solicitor.
    It is a draft mutual easement regarding the shared driveway. Basically the receiver and neighbour grant to each other
    A: the ability to pass/repass over a yellow part marked in the middle of the driveway
    B: the ability for workmen etc to enter to maintain/repair the property etc

the yellow part encompasses a part of our section and theirs evenly. From our POV thats ok.
    However the solicitor said its 'far from dealt with' and he needs to have a serious conversation with the other side... in 2 weeks time.

I want to get any info on what could be the problem so we can make an informed decision when he returns... if both parties agree what is the issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

We have a shared driveway. In our case we both have a separate driveway and between them in a 2.6m drive that leads to our car garages. It's marked yellow on our land reg drawing. We live in a very big 1960s estate we're every house has the same arrangement. It's absolutely fine. There's never a problem. Both sides have to be mutally agreeable to sharing the space. In our case our neighbor blocks it sometimes as his adult children park. But he races to move as soon as we ask and keeps it free if ask i.e. delivery due. It was not an issue with our solicitor at all at buying stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

We have a shared driveway. In our case we both have a separate driveway and between them in a 2.6m drive that leads to our car garages. It's marked yellow on our land reg drawing. We live in a very big 1960s estate we're every house has the same arrangement. It's absolutely fine. There's never a problem. Both sides have to be mutally agreeable to sharing the space. In our case our neighbor blocks it sometimes as his adult children park. But he races to move as soon as we ask and keeps it free if ask i.e. delivery due. It was not an issue with our solicitor at all at buying stage.

Advertisement