Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI DIT question

Options
  • 31-08-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So my SUSI grant is accepted and around a week or so ago I got accepted into a DIT course. In my registration email I received from DIT, it says there is a €3000 fee outstanding and that I
    'will be liable for this fee until such time that your grant award is confirmed by SUSI or by a Local Authority or VEC'
    but my grant award was confirmed over 2 months ago...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jimsonite

ðŸ˜

fdggf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Your grant was awarded but the college dont know that also they don't get paid till you register, which hasn't happened yet.

Hence the letter. If you qualify for free fees and the student contribution is covered by susi all you have to do is bring your letter confirming the grant with you on registration day.

I'm going into 4th year and my letter says the same, I ve to pay the fees unless I was awarded a grant

Thanks for responding.

I haven't received a letter from SUSI yet, do I need to get a physical letter from SUSI confirming my grant acceptance or can I just print out proof of my grant acceptance from online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

You can print a screenshot of the grant being awarded. Most colleges give a bit of leeway waiting for grants to come through. If it was only recently awarded you should get the letter soon.

Don't know about the DIT but in my college anyone who's grant is pending sign a contract saying they are liable for all fees incurred if they don't get awarded anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Kaneki

jimsonite wrote: »

Register online, there's an option there that you pay using the grant. It needs your grant number and other details regarding the grant.

Thing is it was accepted a couple of months ago. Maybe it's taking longer because of the change in course?

I submitted an FCA form recently to notify SUSI of my change in course, have no idea how long it will take for them to confirm the new one. I was 99% sure the CAO would have notified SUSI of my course change but I don't think they did :/

I registered online recently but don't I still need a letter from SUSI to confirm the grant being applied to my chosen course?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

You do but for the moment registering online is all you have to do. Once you receive the letter you can submit it then - or as above email in the screenshot.

It is not something to be worried about at the moment. College hasnt actually started yet. Remember thousands of students are doing exactly what you are doing so DIT/SUSI will catch up.

Advertisement