Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir price increase, get out of your contract early

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Eir finally told me today what the minimum term of contract was which is 6 months has anyone else heard of this????

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Swapped from Eir to Sky thanks to this. Eir would have wanted €50 per month for internet, Sky are giving me the same speed internet, a router, Sky Q box and Sky TV (fairly basic package) for €49.50 per month and a one of €30 charge for the router. Happy Days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Eir finally told me today what the minimum term of contract was which is 6 months has anyone else heard of this????

EIr have a reputation for talking through their hoop......

whiterebel wrote: »
    EIr have a reputation for talking through their hoop......

True, I asked when was this introduced and they could not answer despite it took them a month to answer the initial question and they are now playing on this to try keep me locked in,It aint working I will glady let them take me to court,last time they did they lost so badly I cant believe they have the audacity to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

So another story from Vodafone, rep came to my door today, told him that i'm still in contract with eir, he said that if i "signed" over the phone i don't have any contract with eir and in case of problems V would go for me to court - anyone heard something about it?

• Advertisement

loki7777 wrote: »
    So another story from Vodafone, rep came to my door today, told him that i'm still in contract with eir, he said that if i "signed" over the phone i don't have any contract with eir and in case of problems V would go for me to court - anyone heard something about it?

With the tricks eir are trying to pull with people it would not suprise me because they eir are telling porkies to many folk I had war with them on twitter to openly make them admit their lies for all to see and not a bother to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Not in a million years, some chancers. I'm all for people escaping Eir but thats bare face lies and just a bad apple of a door to door agent. If you signed up over the phone they would have recorded the call, now whether or not they always have them to refer back to is another kettle of fish but to say that if you sign up over the phone is bare faced lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

With the tricks eir are trying to pull with people it would not suprise me because they eir are telling porkies to many folk I had war with them on twitter to openly make them admit their lies for all to see and not a bother to them

Yes they are something else, discredited customer care service, absolute joke, took me months to get rid of ear, spoke to nearly all of their so called service ppl, each one was clueless, blatantly lied, and really didn't care

So now i will add something strange for some ppl:my neighbor switched(he was able not like me and i did that for him;) over to V after i told him that the speed should increase, but here we had opinions that it will not going to happen but it DID - from 32 he went to 50(not 70 as stated by V but still nice) - so this makes me think that Eir is capping speed in places outside towns where cable infrastructure is not as good as in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Moving house in Jan and in contract until May.

Anyone know if I can exit contract but stay with eir "out of contract" paying monthly ? (Can't think of any other way of keeping DSL until Jan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Rockin wrote: »
    Moving house in Jan and in contract until May.

Anyone know if I can exit contract but stay with eir "out of contract" paying monthly ? (Can't think of any other way of keeping DSL until Jan)

Virginmedia do monthly BB now. Might be worth it to get that installed for the two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Virginmedia do monthly BB now. Might be worth it to get that installed for the two months.

VM not an option as in a non cabled area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Rockin wrote: »
    VM not an option as in a non cabled area :(

If you move with Eir to the new place they will put you on a new contract. So at least you don't pay for the old and new address.

Only other option might be to sign up with Sky on a 12m now and move it to the new place.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I assume you're able to leave you contract now due to the price increase? so just switch to whoever you want and then get them to move your account to the new house when the time comes. It will still mean another new contract when you move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I used this thread to get out of my Eir contract, I had been with them for 12mths out of an 18mth contract.
    I couldn't get any more than 15 Mbps out of Eir, after switching to Sky for TV,Phone and BB I now have 75 Mbps on my first speed test.
    I do think Eir are throttling some customers.

I said the same before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can eir just come along and increase the price even if you have signed a 12 month contract with them? Is this a swizz when they know there are no other broadband providers in an area? Get you signed up, lie that it will be x price per month and then within 3 months telling you it’s going up and you can leave if you want full knowing they own the lines and no one else is allowed on them.

The whole broadband service in this country is shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yep tried to increase mine by 6 overall and I signed up October. Could have left but they offered me €40 for 12 months which includes all calls on the landline.

Sky wanted 35 plus 7.50 for the calls so stayed with eir as I get eir sport on the sky box.

Girl said you'd be in a new contract and I said "doesn't matter, you'll increase it again soon enough so I'll leave the next time you do it"

If someone has a signed contract at x for 12 months and they go try increase it surely they are in breach of contract law? Is the national consumer agency not interested in this wholesale breach’s of the law?

You can cancel your contract without any penalties - nothing more nothing less.

• Advertisement

A contract works both ways, they are illegally breaching the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

vicwatson wrote: »

There is a line in the contract you agreed to when signing up with eir, giving them a get out if they change the terms of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

Berty wrote: »
    Yep tried to increase mine by 6 overall and I signed up October. Could have left but they offered me €40 for 12 months which includes all calls on the landline.

Sky wanted 35 plus 7.50 for the calls so stayed with eir as I get eir sport on the sky box.

Girl said you'd be in a new contract and I said "doesn't matter, you'll increase it again soon enough so I'll leave the next time you do it"

eir customer care are a shambles, i got out over 18 months ago, and still receive an e bill, (in credit)after months of hassle, speaking to countless agents, NEVER again, rir are like a bad smell, they suck.

I hear there is another price increase on these way. Anyone else.?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I hear there is another price increase on these way. Anyone else.?

On what plans?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you get a letter?

I did but it was about my old plan(before upgrade).

I believe they are moving through plans. Makes sense.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    There is a line in the contract you agreed to when signing up with eir, giving them a get out if they change the terms of the contract.

How does that line go? I’ve read through it but didn’t see anything to signal that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭Xterminator

vicwatson wrote: »

Its not illegal. your contact has T's & C's. you agree to them. think it through.

You have the right to leave contract without penalty or stay. that way you can take advantage of any special offers out there.

Advertisement